• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talisker
    • Mar 2019
    • Victoria

Buying 2014 NW What to look for @ 100,000KM

Hi I am looking at a GLX DiD Auto 2014 thats done 100,000KM it has a full Mitsubishi service book with history all services were done on time except for one done at 18,00km instead of 15,000km.

I am just coming off a harrowing and costly experience with another vehicle that cost me 10's of thousand and the problem still wasn't fixed and I am left with something worth next to nothing.

I am very nervous about what to buy next but from all my looking across all the brands the Pajero NW DiD seems pretty good. I cant afford though for this next car to be a dud and was originally looking at petrol but the cost of fuel has put me off. We are spending as much as we can and getting the newest lowest KM car we can I think.

Can anyone tell me what to look out for on the NW DiD auto's from my reading a proper auto service fluid flush etc makes sense and probably has never been done as these are meant to be sealed for life. What should I look out for?, is the late service ok? IS this car a good choice.

it will be sued every day and occasionally towing of a 1.2tonne van.

Many thanks I have never been in Pajero territory so feel like I am taking a bit of a punt.
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

Nothing inherently wrong with NW Diesel in fact in my opinion the one to go for as there is no DPF.

My NW had only done 35,000 when I got it a year ago and been zero issues until now (55,000)

At 100,000 despite what the service book may or may not say has been done I'd be getting both diffs, transmission and transfer case oils changed.

Other than that. sit back and relax.

Check your VIN, the early NWs had a few recalls, plus of course the airbag recall (this should have already been done by previous owner)

Both Passenger & drivers side should have been done.

Otherwise there is this one:

And this one (mine just missed out - too new)

2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

My NW has 62,000klms and runs like a dream with no issues whatsoever. I,ll be keeping this one for many years as it is a breeze to drive in the suburbs, country roads, highways, hills and tows well. I reckon that looked after carefully 350,000klms is a real doer without any major problems. I looked at toyotas, nissans, jeeps ( for a nanosecond!), ford, etc.etc. The NW just ticked all the boxes. 100,000klm is not a lot. Give it a complete oil change in every hole plus the auto. Then you,ll know exactly what is going on and can service as necessary. Definitely put a catch can on to save the inter cooler oil build up and if towing often get M&m,s torque converter lock up kit. They are a very reliable car and this forum is a wealth of information!.

You meet the nicest people driving a Paj.....

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• rykiel575
        • Sep 2017
        • Sydney

Ive got a NW with 306k on km.

Recently did the inlet manifold, and adjusted the tappets.

See if the tappets have been done (should be at least twice).

I also have a bit of rust on driver side rear pass door frame. Supposedly more of a NS NT issue but it is present on my NW.
        2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Seigried
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2016
          • brisbane

My nw auto now has ~104000km.
          The only money spent has been on tyres, servicing, and rego etc. Its used as the family bus and the interior is still in very good condition.

Ive had it since new and has given me no issues. As said install a catch can. I put mine in at 60000km but i think i should have done it earlier for piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• tripod_12
            • Apr 2018
            • Port Neill

I have a '14 GLX-R with 118,000 trouble free kms on the clock. Bought it with 82,000 almost exactly 12 mths ago, had all fluids except auto replaced. We towed our caravan up the centre and across the Gibb River Road and home completely trouble free. I completed the "change of ownership" section in the owners manual and sent to Mitsubishi whereby they contacted me regarding outstanding recalls.
            This forum is a intimate, supportive group and you'll note from the posts the NW Pajero is without many issues and I'd be quite comfortable recommending this well maintained NW for serious consideration.
            Good luck
            Dene

Comment

• Talisker
              • Mar 2019
              • Victoria

Thanks for all those comments there is a very low manual NW GL ( I prefer basic and not many switches ) and its only done 35K with services every 4,00km due to lack of km's travelled. I have read mixed views on the manual but I do like driving a manual and have never liked an auto 4WD I have driven maybe I am just old... we wont be towing much so so aint too worried about burning out clutches will see how we go...

Again many thanks for all the comments this is a great forum.

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

I have a NW manual transmission diesel Pajero. I absolutely adore it, ut I live in the country and only go near the city when I must do so. Driving the diesel Pajero in city traffic is horrible. Stop start, the clutch is smooth enough, but the turbo lag means that you have to keep the engine up around 1500 R/Min if you want to avoid getting run over by a B double that appeared from nowhere. The petrol engine is a delight - smooth and strong virtually from idle right through to the redline. If I lived in the city, I would seriously consider an auto diesel, but for me, manual transmission and the city do not mix. However as said above, I don't live in the city and for me the manual transmission is ideal. Peak torque is, I think around 2000 R/min, but from 1500 R/min and up the engine pulls strongly. You just have to adjust your driving technique.

I note you are looking at a GL model. As above, if you want 7 seats, this may not have them as standard and a re-engineer certificate may be necessary.

Comment

• 2bad4u
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Perth, Western Australia

Like others on here, I've had my NW since new and no issues. It's just about to tick over 90000km. It's all ways been serviced per the book and the only things fixed (under warranty) was the glove box and an oil leak between the engine and gearbox. Both of these you will find instances of from other owners on this forum but they should have been fixed by now on a car of this age.
                  Warren
                  2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
                  2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Talisker
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Victoria

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                    Like others on here, I've had my NW since new and no issues. It's just about to tick over 90000km. It's all ways been serviced per the book and the only things fixed (under warranty) was the glove box and an oil leak between the engine and gearbox. Both of these you will find instances of from other owners on this forum but they should have been fixed by now on a car of this age.
                    Thanks I will check the oil leak, although having had a LR oil leaks are familiar territory

Comment

• Jorgo RX Pajero
                      • Feb 2017
                      • Perth WA

Hi there - I have had my NW (RX Pack) since new in 2011 and have done 135,000ks - I have changed the oil, air and fuel filter every 10,000ks - used Penrite HPR5 oil since new. Always run fuel additive every tank and every 5000ks a de-carboniser - PM me for details .Changed the trans oil, diff oils 3 times and have had the valves clearances checked and adjusted 3 times. Fitted a EGR blank plate and Pro Vent 2000 catch can and 3inch Stainless Exhaust at 1000ks old. Had the ecm remapped with a EGR delete and a healthy 2 psi boost increase at around 30,000ks. The vehicle has never run better!.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X