Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 6 Days Ago

Default Right rear door window won't work

1 week old exceed and left side works .......is there a separate child proof switch for each rear door ....am I missing something or is this warranty?
Both driver and door switch same result.
Thanks in advance
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woffleon View Post
1 week old exceed and left side works .......is there a separate child proof switch for each rear door ....am I missing something or is this warranty?
Both driver and door switch same result.
Thanks in advance

The first thing to do is read the manual.

If the switch or whatever else is faulty of course it's warranty.
Old 6 Days Ago
Resident

I had a quick look at the wiring diagram, and I can't see a single point of failure for both switches, and only those two switches - so I'm guessing it's a problem with the motor, or its wiring.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 6 Days Ago

The window lock switch on the drivers door locks and unlocks all windows except the drivers.

There is a separate child safety door switch on each back door. Open the door and look on the inside edge just below the slot for the door latch. There is a small white slide switch. On my vehicle it only locks or unlocks the door latch, not the window.

So maybe you have a warranty claim.

Last edited by JohnFromPerth; 6 Days Ago at 11:38 AM.
Old 6 Days Ago

Have you had the front windows tinted, if yes maybe the connection on either front doors may have come loose. But I could be wrong
Old 6 Days Ago

Yeah generally if you unplug the connector on the door switch in question it will stop that switch working (duh) but also prevent the driverís switch from controlling it too.

Good question re. the tint..
3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. Dynamat in all doors. Pioneer Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers (soon). Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can.
Old 5 Days Ago

All good points thanks .....no no tint. If you "go up" on the door switch it attempts to move but realises its already shut like the others but the drivers switch will not do this (not the motor or fuse).....Im thinking this IS A WARRANTY issue. It will be due in for its 1500klm "service" to see if its still got 4 wheels and a steering wheel check list ...so will have to be looked at then.

Thought this would have shown up at the pre - delivery stage
Thanks for all your suggestions
Old 5 Days Ago

I wonder if some safety mechanism has been triggered.
Have a look at pages 3-19 and 3-20 in the owners manual. It has a section on how to reset the drivers window function if the battery or fuse has been disconnected.
This may also apply to other windows now.
Many times the manual does not keep up with changes in newer vehicles.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

The symptoms you describe could be exactly replicated by an open circuit in wiring between the front driver switch (for the RH Rear Window) and rear RH switch.

I'd call this connection the 'UP OFF' wire that links the Driver's RH Rear switch and the RH Rear switch.

A faulty contact in the rear RH Rear switch 'UP OFF' position is also part of the circuit so the switch could also be the culprit.
Same goes for the Driver's RH Rear switch 'UP OFF' position.

Front and rear switch controls for your problem window rely on this connection, but the rear RH switch UP function does not need it in order for that window to go UP.

Last edited by Kingbrown; 5 Days Ago at 04:55 PM.