Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 1 Week Ago

The end is definitely tapered. It is not the bolt at the top of the photo, it is the bolt on the LHS. The other "cut" photo of the bolt end taken by Fulcrum with the "mirror on the stick" shows the taper as well. Yes there is a gap, similar to your photo.

Last edited by Jayctee; 1 Week Ago at 09:48 PM. Reason: Improve the description.
Old 6 Days Ago

I have just checked the clearance from the end of the bolt to the LCA on 3 Tritons which have the same front suspension. I can easily get my finger in that space. Nothing like the zero clearance on my Challenger. I have an appointment with the Mitsy dealer tomorrow. We'll see.
Old 6 Days Ago
Resident

I am the first to admit I am heavily prejudiced in this area, but I expect its a problem created by the company that did your wheel alignment. I would not trust them to do anything more than minor toe corrections.

Did they give you a full print out of your wheel alignment parameters? Did Fulcrum review wheel alignment specs?

Good luck - I foresee great frustration before this is over.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

The 2 bolts on the forward attachment are Part Number MU000492, theses are a flange head bolt with a tapered thread lead in. The rear attachment bolt is a MU000493 this is a longer bolt and has a conventional squared off threaded end.
My suspicion is the wrong bolt has been fitted.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 6 Days Ago

Hi nj swb, BJs gave me the print out of the before and after figures. Only minor adjustments. But... what they do under the vehicle, you never know.
Fulcrum put the car on the hoist - looked at the length of the bolts - and said "a wheel alignment will not fix that noise - forget it, the bolts are too long, they need replacing - no charge"

old jack - the bolts have a tapered end, but that part is not threaded, the thread starts after the taper reaches the full diameter of the bolt.
Thanks guys, I hope tomorrow will shed new lights !!
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Front bolts MU000492.
https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=MU000492

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 6 Days Ago

Thanks old Jack, that looks the same shape as the ones I have. Are you able to get any dimensions on that bolt, ie total length from washer, and thread length ??
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayctee View Post
Thanks old Jack, that looks the same shape as the ones I have. Are you able to get any dimensions on that bolt, ie total length from washer, and thread length ??

Without taking the bolt out I believe it is a Flange Head, 12mm diameter, 55mm plain shank, 25mm thread length and 3 mm tapered lead in.

OJ.
Old 5 Days Ago

Sometimes the part number reflects the bolt specs.
Old 5 Days Ago

II'mThanks OJ and Just Cruzin.

Step 1 - Monday 18 March, 10 am. The Mitsubishi dealership have inspected the suspension on the hoist (again), and have agreed that the bolts are incorrect and too long. I left the car with them - on the hoist The LCAs to be stripped down, damage photographed, and sent to MMA for appraisal. I have requested the photos also.

I also drew their attention to the 2 leaking rear shock absorbers. The leak was only evident on the hoist when the wheels were hanging down. The dealer did not notice this at the 5 year "pre -end of warranty" service on 28 February. MMA were to be contacted about that as well. Thanks to Fulcrum.

Step 2 - Wednesday 20 March 12 pm. Went to Mitsubishi dealer today to be advised that the photos of the "diff mounting bolts contacting the LCAs, and the 2 leaking shock absorbers" had been submitted to MMA. I viewed their photos on their monitor - not much better photos than I had already. Dealer awaiting reply from MMA. The LCAs were not dismantled to view damage and no photos have been sent to me.

Last edited by Jayctee; 1 Day Ago at 07:05 AM.