• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talisker
    • Mar 2019
    • Victoria

NT or NS Petrol Auto

Ok I am stepping from my busted Landrover Discovery 2 to the all new shiny Mistubishi world, where engines dont break Hurray.

But not sure whether I should go for a NT or NS , I am going petrol yes I love spending money on fuel but hate spending it on engines at least for a while I need a safe haven.

I am looking at these two cars

The NT has yet to have the timming belt done, but the NS has had it done by a Mitsu dealer ( currently who is selling the vehicle). The NT looks in better internal condition and is a VR spec.

As far as I can see they engines and trans are identical ( remember this is the petrol so the trans is still jatco.

Once I do the timing belt ( I am in Victoria so I would be doing it before driving back, or getting the dealer to get it done a reputable mechanics of my choosing as not willing to risk it driving back) the NS is about 1000 to 1500 more, but it is 16000km more as well.

The NS service record is perfect only thing with the NT service record is 2 service with 10000km of each other were done at Kmart!!

Anyway interested to know thoughts on this.

Many Thanks
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Normally I'd say go the NS for higher spec and value in accessories, plus lower kilometres.

But..... be aware that it's had a smack in the back and what looks like a DIY repair. That would make me look much closer elsewhere.
    Chris

Comment

• martnH
      • Nov 2017
      • AU

I would suggest ns diesel auto.

I have a ns swb 3.2 diesel auto

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Silverfox
        • Apr 2010
        • Adelaide

The description in a few places mentions GLX, yet the badge on the car says GLS.......for the NS

If its a GLX then it can't be the vehicle pictured.

I'd be careful.

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

NT looks better in my opinion, so as you say with a new timing belt installed prior to delivery would be my choice.
          2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Cobungra
            • Feb 2014
            • Melbourne

A good first decision

My experience getting from a V8 Disco 1 to an NS Petrol/Auto has been pure joy.Fuel consumption isn't too silly (15), but the reliability of the NS has been just great.
            5 years without issue, while the much loved Disco was known to most of Melbourne's tow trucks !

I change the oil every 10k, brake pads easy. I will leave the timing belt/spark plug services to a dealer.

Good luck choosing between the two. I couldn't help without seeing them...
            07 NS R 3.8

Comment

• Talisker
              • Mar 2019
              • Victoria

Thanks have just found a low km ex Defense vehicle GL diesel at the right price and an NW so will chase that and see where we go I think the newer and the less KM the better although the logbook on the nT above was perfect.
              Many Thanks

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

Not sure if you're aware and not sure if it's an issue for you, but remember the NW GL is a 5 seater, it doesn't have the thrid row bench seat.
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Talisker
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Victoria

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                  Not sure if you're aware and not sure if it's an issue for you, but remember the NW GL is a 5 seater, it doesn't have the thrid row bench seat.
                  Yes thanks we dont need the extra seats so a five seater is perfect. thks

Comment

• Nab
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Perth

I would choose condition and gut feeling over kms and year.

If you get the 5 seater and install an six fuel tank under the rear, it will need a special mount designed just for the 5 seater. PM Sharkcaver for more details....
                    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Talisker
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Victoria

Thanks for that. Yeah a lot has to do with the guy your buying it off I havnt been impressed by the dealers so far they have put me off cars I thought I would buy.

Comment

• Talisker
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Victoria

Help

Ok I thought I had bought a 2014 NW DiD ext defense car but the dealer backed out of the deal now the wife things spending 30K is too much so back to what I started with.
                        there was a lot on conjecture about this car

and whether it was really a GLX well I had a long chat with the dealer who seems VERY genuine they traded it on a new Pajero and did the last service (including timing belt and even water pump) they are keen to sell it so am revisiting it its less than a 1000,000KM and I could get it for 18,000. Yes its a gas guzzling petrol but petrols are simple and reliable I estimate about 600$ per 10,000km extra for fuel.

Does have a good Mitsubishi service history just wondering on peoples thoughts, there is a poverty pack manual ex def vehicle for 25k with 35000KM DiD. But no one seems to like ex Govt and although the basic model doesnt worry me the lack of a proper low range in one does.

Anyway if anyone has any thoughts I would welcome them I think I have been looking too long and thinking so much I am now lost :-)

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Greater Sydney

the lack of a proper low range in one does.

Comment

• Talisker
                            • Mar 2019
                            • Victoria

there is a proper low range but it locks the centre diff so I understand... 35000KM and right servicing make it attractive I have only ever had manuals except for the one time I erred and that auto dropped its guts.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X