Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Blown engine fuse Fault code U1100

Hello help required before I resort to giving car to an auto electrician to hopefully help me found whats wrong.

2 days ago my pajero stopped on my way home from work and that's where it stayed I checked all obvious things under stress and couldn't get it running again so got towed home, when testing codes got U1100 which I understand to be a break down in communication between ECU's or issue with broken wire.

I found an rectangular 20amp engine fuse blown its not a blade fuse its physically larger, I replaced this and checked some earths when I restarted car it fireup up and ran fine in driveway for a few minutes I then mucked around with OBDii and turned car off when I restarted it it idled for maybe 3sec then stopped and the fuse was blown again. I pulled all the battery out and removed any accessories from the wiring that I didn't need and did my best inspection of any wires I can see for a broken wire somewhere but no luck so far.

I had a friend with a better PC reader come around and he could only get the same fault code U1100 to read and when I tried to start car if wouldn't start and he believes the fuse blew as I turned the key to off position (not sure) tomorrow im going to pull all the plugs underneath the car apart and spray and check what wiring I can find but im hoping someone may have a similar issue and advice. I do have a feeling its linked to the auto somewhere and im a bit worried it could be an ECU issue but who knows.

Cheers Craig.
Old 1 Week Ago

So I think I can also now narrow the fuse down to a engine control fuse.
I am hoping someone may know what components run of this fuse so I can start eliminating parts.