Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Removing Mitsubishi cargo barrier for sale. Should I remove the bolts too?

Hello,

I am selling my car and removing the cargo barrier for separate sale.

The cargo barrier has the steel brackets attached to it, so they have been removed, but I am not sure about the 2 bolts in the side roof and 2 bolts on the floor, if they stay with the car or do I remove and supply them with the barrier when selling?

I did remove one of the ceiling bolts and it looked a little bare up there so I am guessing all 4 bolts stay but am unsure.

Perhaps someone with a Pajero that has never had a cargo barrier might also know if those bolts came on their car new.

Thanks!
2012 NW Pajero Activ | Bridgestone Dueler D697F2 LT265/65/17 | Old Man Emu Suspension with 2" Raise | Airbag Man Air Bags | Safari Snorkel | Bushskinz Front & Sump Guards | Dual Battery | Redarc Battery Isolator | MM Alloy Bullbar | Rhino Roof Racks | GME TX3340 | Spare Wheel Lift Kit | Redarc TowPro Elite | SPVi EGR delete | OBDLink MX + Torque Pro |
Old 1 Week Ago

As far as I'm aware (my NT has no barrier and no sign of ever having one) the bolts are supplied to be able to install the barrier so therefore should be supplied with the barrier as you on sell it, there are no ceiling bolt points that I can find anyway in mine, I suspect that the vehicle is drilled to fit the brackets as my older Grand Cherokee was by ARB for it's barrier install.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Remove the bolts and keep with the cargo barrier. They are rated and the correct length for the application.

Replace the bolts with the plastic caps that were originally in the holes.
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for the replies.

I will remove the bolts then.

The cargo barrier was installed when I got the car (2nd hand) so no plastic parts to put in place of the bolts.

The bolt location in the roof and floor are all factory as the moulding nicely wraps around the bolt locations. etc.

Easier if I had some photos, which I might add when I get a chance.
2012 NW Pajero Activ | Bridgestone Dueler D697F2 LT265/65/17 | Old Man Emu Suspension with 2" Raise | Airbag Man Air Bags | Safari Snorkel | Bushskinz Front & Sump Guards | Dual Battery | Redarc Battery Isolator | MM Alloy Bullbar | Rhino Roof Racks | GME TX3340 | Spare Wheel Lift Kit | Redarc TowPro Elite | SPVi EGR delete | OBDLink MX + Torque Pro |
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Also... Most Barrier manufacturers will not sell a fitting kit on it's own. (as two of my friends have recently discovered)

They know that people are buying and selling these in the private marketplace and it is affecting sales of new barriers.
Old 1 Week Ago

They sell bolt kits for Milford but the last one I bought was over 100 bucks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk