• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

If you don't ask you will never know.

As some of you are aware we are in the market for new glow plugs.

Looking around the internet NGK were around $90 each. Found an Aussie site that had a full set of NGK CZ25 for $230. Thought would try Bursons and Supercheap. Both came in around $120 each. Mentioned to Supercheap the internet price. They checked it, called their supplier and agreed to match the price.

I call that a win.
  • starjunk
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2011
    • Sydney

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
    As some of you are aware we are in the market for new glow plugs.

Looking around the internet NGK were around $90 each. Found an Aussie site that had a full set of NGK CZ25 for $230. Thought would try Bursons and Supercheap. Both came in around $120 each. Mentioned to Supercheap the internet price. They checked it, called their supplier and agreed to match the price.

I call that a win.
    Yep, if you don't ask, you don't get. I was looking for glow plugs for my NJ at one point and the local auto shop had none but could get them in, at some hefty price I don't recall. He then went digging out the back and found a set of old (but brand new) plugs for a Toyota Bongo van, that matched the specs fairly closely and since he'd not sold any of them in years he gave them to me for about $15 each, which was half his buy price I believe. He was happy to reclaim the space in his drawers, and I was happy I didn't have to wait for replacements and pay an arm and a leg. Win/win,
    '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
    '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
    '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
    '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X