• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trojan
    • Jan 2013
    • Coconuts

New NX with OEM Steel Bullbar

Hi All,

I've started a new job in Cairns which means a daily commute to work and back of 210kmls. After some research the best way for me to finance the associated costs is to take up a staff Lease Plan. It works out at approximately $100/wk more than just my current diesel cost with all fuel, servicing, registration and insurance covered (a no-brainer).

I'm currently looking at getting a '17 NX Exceed with every option available via Lease Plan. My first preference is White or Silver with the black OEM steel bullbar. After-market bullbars are not available.

The manufacturer website doesn't seem to give a good picture of what the vehicle would look like. I'm hoping that there may be members out there that would be able to post up images of there White, Warm White or Silver NX with bullbar? A link to an existing thread that I haven't been able to find as yet would also be handy.

Cheers,
    Troy
    Troy
    04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN
    17 NX Exceed, Steel OEM Bar (Gone and not missed)
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

if you can make it to a dealer ship ask if they have a car in that colour, its what I did on the NW, I was there wanting to see how some of the accessories would look in the flesh thought.

Comment

• Trojan
      • Jan 2013
      • Coconuts

Thanks.
      Unfortunately I don't have the option to choose accessories other than manufacturer supplied and none of the Pajeros at the Dealer have bars.
      Last edited by Trojan; 29-06-17, 06:44 PM.
      Troy
      04 GLS DID Auto, Bilstein & Lovells 2 inch HD, Bushskinz I/C & Sump Guard, Pielli Scorpion ATR 265/70/R16 P, Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB 2DIN

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Have you looked on Carsales or other car selling websites, as there may be one (new or used) with the bar fitted for sale with photos? Even the local shopping centre car park can be a good place to sight one.

Having dealt with Leaseplan for many years, I'm not surprised you are finding limitations on which accessories you can fit to the car.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Trojan
          • Jan 2013
          • Coconuts

Thanks for the advice gents. Carsales and Gumtree haven't been of any assistance. A sign that smart people with choices that I don't have aren't doing what I am forced to do.

Looks like I'll be posting up images of a new Silver NX Exceed with the stock steel bullbar in a few months. I hope it won't be too ugly. I can swap it for something new in three years so not as a big a deal compared to using my own folding.

Cheers
          Troy

Comment

• Jonno
            • Mar 2012
            • Brisbane

Hey mate,

Those lease plans usually allow you to fit after market bars if you think that's the issue?

My pajero is currently under lease with SGFleet and I was able to accessorise from ARB/TJM before delivery
            2001 NM Exceed | 2012-15
            2015 NX Pajero | 2015 - One mod at a time

Comment

• Wazza430
              • Jul 2015
              • Port Pirie S.A.

I have a photo but it wont let me upload onto our chat. If you have an email addy I can send it to I xan do that for you.
              MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Photo of my NW...Cairns based as well..
                Attached Files
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Merts
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Bendigo Vic

As others have indicated, you should be able to have an aftermarket (ARB for example) bar fitted via the dealer prior to delivery, and included in the lease.

The factory bars are pretty crap. We had one on my business partner's MN Triton, and a fairly low speed impact with a Kangaroo semi-destroyed it, and the front of the car was still damaged. My view on bullbars is, either put a proper one on, or don't bother at all.
                  Merts
                  Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                  Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                    As others have indicated, you should be able to have an aftermarket (ARB for example) bar fitted via the dealer prior to delivery, and included in the lease.

The factory bars are pretty crap. We had one on my business partner's MN Triton, and a fairly low speed impact with a Kangaroo semi-destroyed it, and the front of the car was still damaged. My view on bullbars is, either put a proper one on, or don't bother at all.

His original post states that he cant get an aftermarket bar because of his lease conditions. I decided against an arb bar because of the weight and the limited amount of country driving I will do. Huge percentage of heavy bullbars never get out of the city. I couldnt give a rats if I hit a roo with a heavy duty or oem bar...thats what insurance is for. The MM bar is definately lighter gauge than an arb but by using it you dont have to upgrade the front suspension either.
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Merts
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      The MM bar is definately lighter gauge than an arb but by using it you dont have to upgrade the front suspension either.
                      True. Still can't see the point of a bar which doesn't actually prevent the vehicle from being damaged. As you say, that's what insurance is for.....
                      Merts
                      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Mike DiD
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007

The problem with both Aluminium and Steel OEM Bullbars is that Mitsu's #1 priority was that they look pretty, so they're VERY close to the body.

All bullbars move when hit (just try kicking one) and if it's close to the body will cause the damage you've paid good money to avoid.
                        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• Wazza430
                          • Jul 2015
                          • Port Pirie S.A.

I had an OEM bullbar on my NX. I hit a joey at approx 80km/h. The bar bent into the mudgaurd and busted my headlight. They are very thin and weak. You can put spot lights on unless you want them to protrude from the bar. I put a lightbar on mine which was great. And I have to diagree with sone sone people here as I thought they looked quite smart.
                          MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• Trojan
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Coconuts

Thanks for the input gents.
                            I rang LeasePlan and they wouldn't entertain any other option other than what was in the order drop-down box. Probably something to do with the agreement they have with my employer. I agree, they look like crap and have questionable function considering how close they are to the body.

Thanks for the image Dicko and the email Wazza. I'll make the decision and order it over the weekend.
                            Last edited by Trojan; 30-06-17, 10:27 PM.
                            Troy

Comment

• DrewXT
                              • Mar 2014
                              • Melbourne

The way around lease plan and their conditions is to get the dealer to price what your want, and supply them the price for the vehicle.

The accessories have nothing to do with the finance - been there, had the argument and got the accessories that I wanted, not what they thought were more suitable.

End of the day, it's your money, not theirs.

They'll give you some bullshit answer about OEM accessories are warrantied, but so are non-OEM...

I'd approach it by getting the dealer to quote up what you want, and giving it to the lease company to work out the payments on, or tell them to get stuffed and see what finance deal the dealership can offer

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X