Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Fitting stereo - where to fit amplifier(s)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fikse
    • Oct 2016
    • Norway

(Out of) controlled chaos [emoji3]

Bent, Norway.
    Duct tape is like the force - it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
    My introduction.

Comment

• fikse
      • Oct 2016
      • Norway

Treble elements from the Gladen kit fits perfect into the OE mount in front doors 👍

Bent, Norway.
      Duct tape is like the force - it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
      My introduction.

Comment

• EyeInTheSky
        • Oct 2016
        • Ventura County, CA, USA

Originally posted by fikse View Post
        (Out of) controlled chaos [emoji3]

Bent, Norway.
        Good luck! Looks like mine when I started my custom wiring job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• fikse
          • Oct 2016
          • Norway

Originally posted by EyeInTheSky View Post
          Good luck! Looks like mine when I started my custom wiring job.
          Thank you sir :-)

Getting closer now, all 4 doors has got 6,5" sub, crossover and tweeter. Power is stretched from batteri to rear, 3xRCA cables, 30 meters speaker wire . Next is mounting roof antenna and reverse camera, both stretched via the ceiling. Placement of reverse camera was/is a bit challenging. Normally I would place the camera around the license plate, but on the Paj this is not centred and there is a wheel blocking the sight . Seems I will have to mount it on the centre pillar for the top spoiler, cannot find better places.

Can I ask what/why you custom wired?
          My introduction.

Comment

• EyeInTheSky
            • Oct 2016

Thank you sir :-)

Getting closer now, all 4 doors has got 6,5" sub, crossover and tweeter. Power is stretched from batteri to rear, 3xRCA cables, 30 meters speaker wire . Next is mounting roof antenna and reverse camera, both stretched via the ceiling. Placement of reverse camera was/is a bit challenging. Normally I would place the camera around the license plate, but on the Paj this is not centred and there is a wheel blocking the sight . Seems I will have to mount it on the centre pillar for the top spoiler, cannot find better places.

Can I ask what/why you custom wired?
            Depending on what type of reverse camera you bought, see if my solution works for you.

Regarding the custom wiring, here's my build thread. I started with the CB antenna but I have quite a bit going through the front firewall.

Good afternoon all, As promised in one of my earlier posts, I will be detailing my build here to both show off my (mediocre) skills as well as to solicit advice. My first car was a 1995 Montero SR. The pics below are the only surviving ones I know of currently. It was bone stock except for a...
            Last edited by EyeInTheSky; 28-06-17, 12:37 AM.

Comment

• fikse
              • Oct 2016
              • Norway

Depending on what type of reverse camera you bought, see if my solution works for you.

Regarding the custom wiring, here's my build thread. I started with the CB antenna but I have quite a bit going through the front firewall.
              Did you forget the link to your build tread?
              I have a trailer hook, so it will block too much of the sight, unfortunately. I use the Pioneer ND-BC8 camera hooked on to the AVH-X5700DAB headunit. The camera gets power from ACC, so it is constant ON when driving. It is the headunit that needs the reverse signal, so I do not need many mA to activate the reverse
              ATM I am looking for an good ACC-source for the headunit, something that will not cutout when starting...
              My introduction.

Comment

• EyeInTheSky
                • Oct 2016

Did you forget the link to your build tread? [emoji14]
                I have a trailer hook, so it will block too much of the sight, unfortunately. I use the Pioneer ND-BC8 camera hooked on to the AVH-X5700DAB headunit. The camera gets power from ACC, so it is constant ON when driving. It is the headunit that needs the reverse signal, so I do not need many mA to activate the reverse
                ATM I am looking for an good ACC-source for the headunit, something that will not cutout when starting...
                I did forget the link. Edited the above post.

Your trailer hook blocks your rear bumper? Is it OEM?

I have a switch plate built into my center console that controls many things. I also ended up running multiple power lines directly from my custom power tap (which is where I want my second battery to go). I like that you know exactly what you're getting when you do that and won't mess with other circuits and/or the ECU.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• fikse
                  • Oct 2016
                  • Norway

Your trailer hook blocks your rear bumper? Is it OEM?
                  Yes, OEM. It will prevent good sight nomatter where I place the camera. So far I belive a placement in the center mount on the top spoiler is the best choice. Both at/under the bumper or at the license plate will be partly blocked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110612 (Custom).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	980432
                  My introduction.

Comment

• EyeInTheSky
                    • Oct 2016

Yes, OEM. It will prevent good sight nomatter where I place the camera. So far I belive a placement in the center mount on the top spoiler is the best choice. Both at/under the bumper or at the license plate will be partly blocked.

[ATTACH]36818[/ATTACH]
                    Hmm. Not too many options there. Even the license plate mounted would probably be partially obscured by the tire, right?

On another note, why do you guys get all the cool stuff? I don't think the spoiler was ever available in the US.

Comment

• fikse
                      • Oct 2016
                      • Norway

I mounted it on the spoiler, guessing it will work fine there.
                      In most of the cars I've had where I was active on a international forum (Citroên/PSA, Opel/GM and now the Mitsubishi, they are different equipped in Scandinavia/Norway than other countries. Winter equipment like heated seats /steering wheel / mirror / windows / electric or fuel heating for engine and cabin, extra charge capacity and batteries, all is stuff that often is standard on cars here. Pretty logical, since many of these features are more a safety thing rather than a pure comfort. A bit special here in Norway is that many will buy the well equipped models rather than the economy models, so car dealers are both competitors in price but also equipment. As late as the 1990-s stuff like AC / climate was a luxury that only a few cars had, so there has been quite a change. Rear heater and AC I think is standard in all Pajeros sold in Norway. The rear spoiler is not standard on all models. But you can get my spoiler if I can get a 3.8 litre engine! 😅 Here it is only a few old models sold with the 3.5, but 98% of Pajeros here has the 3.2 diesel... 😕

Bent, Norway.
                      My introduction.

Comment

• fikse
                        • Oct 2016
                        • Norway

If my wife looks for me, I'm gone fishing [emoji3]

Bent, Norway.
                        My introduction.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X