• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

As per posts in Vlad's thread, he and I are now gone.

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
    Hey Vlad most of your photobucket links are now broken. I have seen some posts on other places saying that photobucket is/has changed in some way?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• letsgoplaces
      • Jul 2014
      • Adelaide

I use this website

I use 800x600 size and after choosing the image, copy the url from the 'hotlink for forums' line.

It's another option
      Cheers

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Flush your cache?

Just checked mine - they're still gone...
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• vladguan
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          Flush your cache?

Just checked mine - they're still gone...
          Hmm, I just tried the browser I never used for photobucket and they are all there, likewise in the app and when I went to check sharkcavers library.
          Please call me Vlad.
          -----------------------
          MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• sharkcaver
            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by roboz
            Apart from being a very scary pic, it worked for me.
            sorry Roboz as stated...I was doing some testing and using that post as a scratch pad to evaluate 3rd party hosting and embedding into a forum. Couldn't get it to work and has now been deleted if anyone is wondering what the hell you were on about. I cant find a code to get it to embed, so my search continues.
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

The plot thickens!

I've been hitting the "NJ SWB" thread in my signature to check pics - they're gone.

But the pics in my "NT Platinum" thread are there.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

testing in progress......

Ok, so my blog is with google and my google account allows me 15Gb storage on google pics.

Been rooting around to see if I can embed pics there to a forum. I have NFI how the pic below ended up in my google account, but I have used it for testing purposes

Its not straight forward like the other photo hosting sites, but it can be done, as seen above.

- in google pics Open the pic in question.

- Right click it and "copy link location"

- click the image tab at the top of the forum text box you are typing your post in

- Copy that link - by using (Ctl + V) (yep, good old dos to the rescue) the image code you copied
                It will look like this (Ive shortened it in the middle - Then manually add -tmp.jpg after the -no bit on the end (in red)

It will now look like this (again shortened)https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/TM...w1198-h799-no-tmp.jpg

- Voila.

Picture embedded into the forum.

Note that doesn't help all those photo's that have been posted prior. I'm not going back to edit them - thanks to photof@ckers, they are dead.

But I now have a "free" way to store and embed pics to both my blog and forums. Whether or not Google pics will last for the life of my blog....

But I think all the other hosting sites will follow Photof@ckers lead if they get away with it. I have more (possibly erroneously - see piccasa for example) faith in Google being a platform that should last a bit longer than the rest.

I'll have a play for a bit to see if I jump to google pics.
                Last edited by sharkcaver; 19-10-18, 09:14 PM.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Sorry to hear NJ. I suspect they are running code through the system to block all those 3rd party links and all without plus 500 will disappear. Your pics will be on their server to view, just not able to be linked anywhere without an extortion payment

My Journeys

Comment

• Lazarus
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                    Just to update this thread.....

I tried to post an image on the forum last night and got a generic over limit message.

Today I get an email:

your account does not allow 3rd party imaging. Please upgrade to our Plus 500 plan to allow 3rd party hosting.

So I looked it up: Their policy was last updated on 27th June. The only 3rd party hosting plan (plus 500) will cost you a measly $399 per year (no doubt USD - i didn't look that far).

6 years and over 50 blog posts down the drain, not to mention forum entries. Thank you very much photobucket. For a modest annual fee, I may have considered that. $400USD per year is robbery.

Photobucket, your a bunch of So much work to do now, it will take me a year I reckon to sort this crap out

Now what to do????

And I suspect everyone will be in the same boat as me, they will have blocked IMG tags on all but plus 500 accounts :curse5 [1]:
                    That is indeed a highway robbery mate.
                    If I was pushed in to paying for storing images I would buy one of the unlimited shared webhosting plans - this will cost approx. $10 a month and you can host as many images as you want there and then just link them up where ever you need.
                    Plus, you can have blogs with no adds etc etc.
                    NW 2013 MY13 GLX-R, auto, OME lift kit, ARB bullbar, electric brake controller, GME UHF, the rest is still work in progress

Comment

• stevemc181
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Thornlie/Perth

While it hasn't affected my images yet, I've decided photobucket can go screw themselves as their site has been barely usable for the past 3 years. I've set up my own photo hosting site using some software called Chevereto. It cost me about $60 USD for the first year which includes the software, my own domain name and hosted server space in a Sydney data centre. I'll see how it goes, but it seems ok so far for uploading images etc and is easy to link to forums using the BBcode for different sizes of your image if desired (Full, Medium, Thumbnail)

Might be worth a look for any of you considering setting up your own photo hosting on a hosted server. https://chevereto.com/
                      I'll reserve my judgement and will see how it goes over the coming weeks.
                      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Well, I got the email and yes all my photos linked on forum are now held to ransom.
                        I sent them a message, hoping these imbeciles understand.

You mob of money grabbing scum.
                        You take your upgrade and shove it where sun doesn't shine.

Dirty, greedy pigs you are.
                        Theres already that much annoying advertising to make money from; you're going too far now.

I think social pressure is the only way to hope to get a decision reversal.
                        Tell 'em how you feel!
                        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Paid the $40 two months ago to upgrade. Just too many photos linked to the forum to relocate.
                          Feel for you guys though .....just money grabbing.
                          Dave
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                            Paid the $40 two months ago to upgrade. Just too many photos linked to the forum to relocate.
                            Feel for you guys though .....just money grabbing.
                            Dave

I think you'll find that eventually the same thing will happen, unless your paying them the $39.99 per month ($399.99 USD per year) This is the only plan that will allow 3rd party linking according to the list of their new plans.
                            I am currently on the Adfree (Supposedly) 10Gb plan and am expecting the same thing will happen to my account once they work through all of the accounts. This is going to bite them hard as there will be mass account deletions.
                            $50 a year or something similar and I think most would just pay it and stay, $400 USD a year is just ridiculous and a big ask for some people. It's a bitter pill to swallow and forums worldwide will have blank pics for years on multiple threads. They could have charged a minimal fee to have existing users keep any old photo's that were linked alive and then targeted new uploads etc with the new rules.
                            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• dhula
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2012
                              • South of Perth

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                              But the pics in my "NT Platinum" thread are there.
                              Not any more.
                              Page one and a tiny bit at the top of page 2 are still there but after that they seam to be gone.
                              2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                              2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X