X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snuke
    • May 2008

Lpg Instalation In Nsw

I have just purchased an 05 NP Exceed 3.8 and plan to install SGI LPG. Has anyone had experinces from installers in NSW (Sydney) area? I would like a quality job.
    On that is their a diffinitive prefered brand from users, I have read the post saying there is no guidance from MMA, but if users have had practical experince all the better.
    Thanks
  • den
    • May 2008

LPG conversion

Snuke I have a NM 3.5 that Ive been looking to convert to SGI.A company in Melbourne called LPG Warehouse have a system called JTG LPG Liquid Injection more power and 15% better fuel consumption than SGI.They are to start installs in Melbourne from 1/7/08 approx $300-$400 more than SGI.Dont know if they have a system for the Pajero but sounds interesting.

Comment

• mrbitchi
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

MM have developed and endorse the Impco BSA sequential injection system.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• arbee
        • Nov 2007
        • penrith

gas and go automotive did mine, excellent job cant fault his workmanship supplied a courtesy car while he had mine and was honest right from the time i first enquired about the the conversion

Comment

• Ridgeback
          • Jan 2008
          • Sydney

Mate,

I had a Elko (read KME) system installed with dual tanks fitted in the existing seat bay on my NM through Gas King at Seven Hills and was very happy with the job. The guy really did fuss over doing as well a job as he could (although there is always something else I find that could have been done better!). I did a bit of looking around and the only other one I could reccommend having a look at is 'Dr Gas' on Sunnyholt road Blacktown. His workmanship seemed quite good as well. There were a lot of dodgy idiots I ran into out there so beware!
          Home Base Sydney, NM GLS 3.5L, LPG, Dual Batt, Milford Barrier, Rhinos, Lovells 50mm with Bilsteins.

Comment

• canderson
            • Jul 2007

Ridgeback

I'm from Kings Langley (up the road from seven hills). How much did the install set you back? Was it injected?

Comment

• IronMan
              • Jul 2008
              • NSW

I can tell you , AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE the LPG installer in Marrickville. There are 4 in Marrickville according to YellowPages.com.au, but you'd have BUCKLEYS of me ever going back to the shonk that I dealt with.

The LPG was a mixer system fitted to my 1997 KF Verada 3.5. It was fixed by Larry Mulder Gas Conversions in Wollongong, whom I cannot rate highly enough. He's been in the LPG game since Adam was a boy.
              Una non simpliciter ambulant in Mordor. Utor unus necesse est numero septem omnibus

NP Pajero DiD, only aftermarket mods are the UHF, second battery and dedicated power socket for the fridge, and reversing LED floodlight. 385,000km and not rattling any more thanks to a new timing chain and guides!

Comment

• gaz1
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Blue Mountains NSW

I've been cruising the web researching SGI systems, haven't made a decision yet but the IMPCO system was developed in conjunction with Mitsubishi. In Sydney a place called The Gas Man has Mitsubishi and Impco accreditation - I have no personal knowledge of him or his work. Locations are Alexandria and Seven Hills.

Any comments from people who have dealt with him would be appreciated.

Gaz
                2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Raurrie
                  • Jul 2007

Gas 'n' Go automotive. Has done two cars for me (Pajero and Prado) and the guy knows what he is talking about at a reasonable price.

Comment

• arbee
                    • Nov 2007
                    • penrith

gas n go just did our sahara as well and just as good a job with it as the pajero... top bloke

Comment

• Endorphin
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Australia

I've been quoted $4400 in Sydney for the Impco BRC sequential injected system. Earliest they can fit me in is Xmas and there is a two month wait on tanks from Impco.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X