• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nuttyalmond
    • Apr 2014
    • Perth wa

provent 200 filter

Hi

I was ordering a new filter from the western filters website and looked at the video showing a modification to the cap. Apparently the "new " filter is designed to "let the gases back into the engine" thats what the salesman said.

Anyone else looked at the video and made sense of whats going on.

Mark
    Pajero 2012 NW gls. ECB Bullbar, Tow pro, Steinbauer module, Polyair air bags, Uniden 2 way, spv module, Provent catch can, Yokohama Geolanda G015 AT, Narva 175 lamps, Caravan rear view monitor, Ultragauge MX, Lockup mate, flashlube prefilter.
  • NTBenny
    • May 2017
    • Newcastle

Seems you can upgrade your Provent 200 to current 2020 specs.

https://www.westernfilters.net.au/provent-accessories/

Benny.
    2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• Kiwi downunder
      • Feb 2014
      • Adelaide

LOL, I have Just installed provent 200 (not too long ago) I guess ill wait 40,000km for the upgrade.
      Any Idea on the 'relief valve spring upgrade' and what its supposed to achieve.
      Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 06-03-20, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Seigried
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2016
        • brisbane

Its going to change the pressure at which the relief valve opens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lateron
          • Mar 2020
          • Melbourne SE

Purchased a 200 from Western Filters just a month ago, had a look then and its the newer version (PajSport). By the looks of the change its likely the filter is a pressure bypass and the cap is now no longer able to vent to the outside air, keeping it a sealed unit. If the filter is blocked it will now operate as if there its not there, ie. like the original plumbing sans provent. Think venting to the outside was not keeping within the emission regs maybe?

edit: Wonder how you tell now if the filter is clogged, before you saw oil weeping from the cap area.
          Last edited by Lateron; 07-03-20, 07:51 AM. Reason: Added txt

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X