• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Well after giving my Lockup - mate a good going over in the High Country over the Australia Day Wknd to see if I could create a hiccup with it, and while the creator was camping not 50 metres away from me, front him with a problem! But no problem appeared Simply the lock up mate is awesome. From towing a 1500 kg camper trailer up some pretty steep climbs (Dargo to Grant) up the tar to some of the steeper dirt tracks around Talbotville to Wonnangatta it performed exactly as intended.
    Excellent work MM 4x4 on an excellent product
    Looking forward to your next project.....
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I agree. Set & forget on the highway, and off-road. No need to worry about when to switch it on, or stalling because I've forgotten to switch it off. It simply works.

I really love that it switches on automatically while you're accelerating, while you're not thinking about it. The vehicle literally surges as it engages, as power that was stirring up heat in the torque converter becomes available for acceleration instead. A regular reminder of the inefficiencies of a torque converter, and just one of the benefits of a lock-up kit.

Fantastic innovation, with more to come.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Faereag
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2009
        • Aberfoyle Park, SA

M & M

Have been following your development program for a while now with great interest - will be of great benefit to my towing set-up. A query or two if I may.

Your Website mentions the fact that we can still plug a reader in to the OBD11 port. I already have a splitter cable fitted to the OBD11 port and run both an Ultra gauge and an ELM327-Torque Pro set up. Do you use a piggy-back OBD adapter or a splitter when fitting the lock up fit?
        I will be looking at the Ultimate version when you release it - will it still use the same OBD connector?
        Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• m_and_m
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Faereag View Post
          M & M

Have been following your development program for a while now with great interest - will be of great benefit to my towing set-up. A query or two if I may.

Your Website mentions the fact that we can still plug a reader in to the OBD11 port. I already have a splitter cable fitted to the OBD11 port and run both an Ultra gauge and an ELM327-Torque Pro set up. Do you use a piggy-back OBD adapter or a splitter when fitting the lock up fit?
          I will be looking at the Ultimate version when you release it - will it still use the same OBD connector?
          Hi Rory,
          The kit includes a Y splitter cable for the OBD2. I’ve had 2 spkitter cable conbected at a time without trouble. Your setup should ve ok.
          Yes, auto-mate will use the same splitter cable.
          2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
          2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
          Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Boo Boo
            • Aug 2012
            • Kilsyth

This sounds great
            Any idea if and when you will have a kit ready fro the NS Pajero
            2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
              This sounds great
              Any idea if and when you will have a kit ready fro the NS Pajero
              Started working on the challenger kit today which has the same transmission as the NS. A Jatco.
              NS will follow after the challenger.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• ticky
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2015
                • Adelaide

I took a drive down south today. 1/2 way up Willunga Hill in top gear and the rest in 4th auto.
                The TC was locked all the way and the speed remained constant all the way up on cruise with 5 adults in the car.

Here’s a tip when you are installing yours.
                The plastic thingys that hold the styrofoam flooring in place can be undone and replaced with a 1/4”
                Square drive.

Steve
                Attached Files
                2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Faereag
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                  Hi Rory,
                  The kit includes a Y splitter cable for the OBD2. I’ve had 2 spkitter cable conbected at a time without trouble. Your setup should ve ok.
                  Yes, auto-mate will use the same splitter cable.
                  Excellent M & M And it is great to see a local innovation like this coming to market. This may have been asked before, but will you have an installation service available - either directly or via a recommended installer? Being disabled, I can no longer do the work myself.
                  Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Excellent M & M And it is great to see a local innovation like this coming to market. This may have been asked before, but will you have an installation service available - either directly or via a recommended installer? Being disabled, I can no longer do the work myself.
                    Its a relatively straight forward job..although the use of a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing will be a good insurance of a quality job. Maybe you could ask in the wanted section or start a new thread. Someone on here should be able to help. Pity you weren,t in Cairns.
                    cheers
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010

Thanks. I don't offer an installation service but any auto-electrician can easily do it. It's not complicated and can be performed in 1-2 hours.
                      Alternatively, as dicko1 suggested there may be a forum member will to help.

Comment

• Faereag
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        Its a relatively straight forward job..although the use of a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing will be a good insurance of a quality job. Maybe you could ask in the wanted section or start a new thread. Someone on here should be able to help. Pity you weren,t in Cairns.
                        cheers
                        Thanks for the thought Dicko - Fortunately I have plenty of the right gear to do the job. Will just have to get the carcass moving - now if only somebody could recondition the knees and the back! These installations are murder in the tight spaces.
                        Regards

Rory

Comment

• gordon
                          • Jan 2014
                          • Whyalla

Just ordered mine

Comment

• pjchris
                            • Jun 2007

Received mine on Thursday (Thanks MM )
                            Fitted on Sunday and works a treat.

Tested on the way to work today and Fuel consumption was on par with using the lock up button manually although it is only one trip so far.

Peter
                            2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• m_and_m
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by gordon View Post
                              Just ordered mine
                              Thanks Gordon - order received

Comment

• m_and_m
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by pjchris View Post
                                Received mine on Thursday (Thanks MM )
                                Fitted on Sunday and works a treat.

Tested on the way to work today and Fuel consumption was on par with using the lock up button manually although it is only one trip so far.

Peter
                                Hi Peter,
                                Since you already have a lockup kit and use the manual button, you wont save 'more' fuel by using lockup-mate lite ...unless it lockups the transmission more often than you would when manually controlling it.
                                lockup-mate lite will at least take away the hassle of pushing the manual button all the time.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X