• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nivo
    • Apr 2009
    • Nhulunbuy, NT

NM replaced by NP

Hi Folks,
    I bought a 2.8L NM new back in 01 and slowly built it up using advice off this forum. Long story short I broke the engine and coupled with other things that it required doing to it I decided to upgrade. I purchased a 3.2L GLX NP from another forum member and flew down while my brother-in-law fitted a snorkle to it to pick it up and drove 4500km's in 3 days to get it home. Since then the NM has become a donor vehicle. Both cars had the same bull bar however the one on the NM was less pushed in at the bottom so after having some brackets welded to it for the 108w led light bar and it's first polish in 12 years it was swapped over onto the NP. The dual wheel rear bar was removed from the NM, given a paint job to match the new one and fitted up. At the same time the modified 81L LRA fuel tank was also swapped over. The Uniden UHF radio found its new home in the NP and the polyair bags moved home as well. I knocked up a set of side step / rock sliders and a dual battery tray to install the second battery and wired it to a fuse block in the back as i have seen within this forum. Two led panel volt meters are installed under the hand brake lever to keep an eye on the state of the 2 batteries. I am waiting for a set of wetseat neoprene seat covers that have been ordered for it and have a front air locker waiting for me to pick it up from another member of the forum. Telescopic led work lights that will be fitted to the wheel carriers are also in progress. As this is the first time I have tried to attach pics hopefully there will be one to show what it looked like when it was advertised for sale and what it looks like now.
    Cheers
    Nivo
    Attached Files
    Gone to another home - 2001 NM GLS 2.8 TDI, MM Alloy bull bar, 2" Tough Dog lift kit, Dual batteries, Lokka front diff lock, Engine guardian.

2004 NP GLX 3.2 DID - ARB deluxe winch bullbar, 2" Lovells lift, Dual battery, O/L dual wheel rear bar, Modified LRA 81L aux tank, Custom sliders / sidesteps, UHF, Wetseat neoprene covers, Led lightbars, Undercarriage guarding, Engine guardian, Led reverse lights, Runva 11XP winch.

Yet to happen: Front air locker, led telescopic work lights.
  • mmannion
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • Birth place of QLD

Looking good mate! Very tidy.
    02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2010
      • Cairns

That is an awesome looking NP, you have done very well!
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Possum
        • Apr 2013
        • Queensland Gold Coast

Great looking GLX mate,bet you liked the extra grunt on that long drive home.
        02 NM DID 3.2 GLX Auto, 2"lift, BFG all terrain tyres, cargo barrier, snorkel, bulbar, hella driving lights, diff breathers, dual battery, roof racks, h/duty steps, tow bar, TJM under body protection.
        UHF radio, rear storage with fridge slide, pack rack (home made)

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Vehicle looks great - you certainly have been a busy boy. I feel exhausted just reading what you've done.

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X