X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tpnkt
    • Feb 2011
    • Brisbane

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I have just experienced some fairly severe surging and my OBDII Scanner is telling me there is an “SCV Stuck” fault. It is surging that badly its basically undriveable. Just doing a bit of a google search and it doesn’t look like it’s too hard to change the valve, but, with tomorrow being ANZAC day I won’t be getting my hands on one too quickly. Under the circumstances I’m wondering if I can pull it out clean and/or service it just to get my by until I can get a replacement, has anyone got any advice on this?

Comment

• itsamitsi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2015
      • Hervey Bay Queensland

I believe you can pull them out, clean them up with 2000 grit wet and dry paper using WD40 or similar to wet it with. Clean and refit and all should be good.
      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• amec
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Wamberal

Have not had to do it myself, but looks like some wd40, 2000grit and some time will get you going again.
        PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• tpnkt
          • Feb 2011
          • Brisbane

Thanks Gents. I did see a video showing someone doing that, but, I thought I would see what the general consensus was before getting to carried away.

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

My understanding is that there are two versions of the SCV on Challengers.
            The earlier one (short pink ended device) has a circlip that holds the spool piece in the body of the SCV whereas the later version (long blue ended version) is sealed and can not be dismantled.
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• chillipepperz
              • Feb 2017
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
              The earlier one (short pink ended device) has a circlip that holds the spool piece in the body of the SCV whereas the later version (long blue ended version) is sealed and can not be dismantled.
              Yep, my 2014 has the sealed version.
              2014 Challenger: Factory tow bar | Factory alloy bullbar | Kings LED’s | Window tint | Kumho Mt-51's | Munji EGR Delete | Provent 200 | Redarc Towpro | UHF in dash| Custom rear drawers and fridge slide | 130AH rear AGM battery | Aldi roof bars and Kings awning | Kings Springs KCFR55T front KCRR23 rear and Bilstein shocks. Soon: guards.

Comment

• Ozzyal
                • Sep 2017
                • Rushworth

Originally posted by tpnkt View Post
                Sorry to drag up an old thread. I have just experienced some fairly severe surging and my OBDII Scanner is telling me there is an “SCV Stuck” fault. It is surging that badly its basically undriveable. Just doing a bit of a google search and it doesn’t look like it’s too hard to change the valve, but, with tomorrow being ANZAC day I won’t be getting my hands on one too quickly. Under the circumstances I’m wondering if I can pull it out clean and/or service it just to get my by until I can get a replacement, has anyone got any advice on this?
                I did the wd40 , 2000grit polish myself the other week , works a treat .
                Circlip can be a bit of a pain in the arse , very small , too small for my circlip pliers .
                But it works , you might need to clear the fault with an obd app

Comment

• tpnkt
                  • Feb 2011
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post

Thanks KB. I had a look and I have the older serviceable unit.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Comment

• tpnkt
                    • Feb 2011
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
                    I did the wd40 , 2000grit polish myself the other week , works a treat .

Circlip can be a bit of a pain in the arse , very small , too small for my circlip pliers .

But it works , you might need to clear the fault with an obd app
                    Thanks Ozzyal. I jumped on the new triton forum and saw the discussion on there with all the photos and instructions. I'm going to give it a go this afternoon.

Comment

• tpnkt
                      • Feb 2011
                      • Brisbane

All sorted. A quick trip to the shop for sandpaper, brake cleaner and cheap pair of really small circlip pliers, then about half an hour or so messing about and it's off and running! Not a hint of surging.

Comment

• amec
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Wamberal

A happy ending.
                        PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Kingbrown
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • Port Augusta - SA

I'm looking to test an idea for refurbishing the 'sealed' blue ended SCV (not the circlip variety) that came with later model Challengers.

If a member here has an old malfunctioning SCV that they no longer need I'd be interested in getting my hands on it to test out my idea.

If successful in getting the SCV to work properly I would share the idea with everyone here.
                          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X