• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajeromack
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • NSW

Yeah stuffing around is a pain. Especially given that the dealer is a half hour drive and spends hours doing an 'assessment'.
    But if that's what it takes to get sorted then I'll jump through the hoops.
    Part has to be ordered anyway so I knew I would have to return.

Comment

• 02-SR5
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2010
      • Toowoomba

Originally posted by pajeromack View Post
      Just got assessed. Unrepairable. Needs the winder assembly replaced which is >$300 plus labour.
      Dealer needs to send report to roadside assistance before they will pay for it.

Have to go back in at some point when its been approved and have it replaced... what a saga.

Will keep you updated.
      Yea, nah........fk that.

I got mine for nothing from another forum member. They are attached by 3 12mm bolts.

Only takes around 5 mins to replace. Helps if you have a ratchet ring spanner.

Hit the wreckers or hit up someone that has fitted a rear bar.
      MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• 02-SR5
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • Toowoomba

I have just messaged a dude on FB that has just fitted a Custom 2 wheel carrier to see if he still has his.

Or, hit up Ent from Tassie and ask him if he is still using his since he has just fitted a Kaymar bar.
        MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Paulgoldy
          • Jun 2019
          • Gold Coast

Wheel winder Access

Hi
          1st post but this site has been invaluable.
          My Challenger has the dreaded stuck spare wheel scenario.
          However after lifting the carpet and sound deadening
          material look what I found.
          A access panel with 4 screws. Undo 4 Phillips screws and the panel lifts off.
          3x 13mm bolts to remove. Easy as.
          I was dreading rolling around under the car trying to unstick this thing.

Hope the pictures work

Cheers
          Paul

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X