• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Does MMA still sell Pajero?

I received one othose annoying emails from MMA today trying to get me to buy a Pajero SPort/Triton/Challenger or an ASX. No reference to the original Pajero. Can we still buy a real Pajero? Not that I want to because I have an NW which is far from being worn out, and when that happens I will probably get it rebuilt anyway.
  • caroma
    • May 2012
    • WA - Pilbara

It's still available on the website and has been included in the "3 Years Free Servicing" promotion.
    GLX from $55k Driveaway.

The plan is to continue selling the current Pajero with minor tweaks and upgrades for the next 4 or so years.
    2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• jackhays
      • May 2013
      • Adelaide

Pajero "Fleet" model?

Hi all,
      My first post and I'm very close to finally getting a Pajero. Please let me know if this should be posted elsewhere.

I have seen "pov pack" and fleet model mentioned once or twice while I have been lurking in the forums here, can someone tell me what that means please?

I have been offered a deal on a GLX with 800km on the clock that seems pretty good.

Am I right in thinking the fleet/pov Pajero only has 5 seats, no third row?

Are there another differences? Just want to make sure I know what I'm looking at, the price came via the internet from a dealer so I haven't seen the Pajero live yet

BTW, this forum is fantastic, I have so many links to useful info for when I get mine!

Cheers
      Last edited by jackhays; 06-07-16, 05:42 PM. Reason: Added text
      MY16 NX GLX, MM towbar and lift kit, HPD Catch Can, EGR mod, Bushskinz, ECB Alloy BullBar, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm, Bridgestone AT697

Comment

• Pwoffey
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2013
        • Adelaide

According to a rep of MMA I spoke with before buying my 2013 build, 2014 model Paj NW, the GLX (at the time) was the "fleet model" (aka "pov pack"), although it was also available to joe public. It was a 5 door, whereas all higher specced models of the NW were 7 door. (I did not want the 7-doors or certain other features of the GLS or Exceed, like rear aircon, potentially smaller aux fuel tank, larger wheels etc, so I bought the pov pack out of preference.) But that all refers to the NW.

On the Mits web site I note that the current NX GLX is now also 7 door. Unless there is now a separate 5 foor "fleet model" that's not showing on the web, it doesn't look like you can get a 5 door Paj any more. Of course the 3rd row seating is removable. I also note that the NX GLX has rear aircon and 18 inch wheels (so for my purposes I'm glad I got a NW GLX ).

If you can get a good price on a NX that has the features you want, and the low mileage reflects a demonstrator vehicle being sold with manufacturer's warranty from a dealer, then that sounds very nice; Paj is a great vehicle. Of course, if the vehicle had a crash at 800km and the entire subframe underwent re-welding, and is on gumtree for private sale, then not so much.
        BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Pwoffey
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Adelaide

oops. 7 seat, not 7 door (a limo Paj perhaps... )
          BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

There is the GLX5 model for fleets mostly. Not shown on website and usually only ordered for a buyer. Have seen a few new ones on Car sales - probably cancelled fleet orders. They are 5 seat, no DRLs, etc, but do have 17" wheels. No rear air.
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2013
              • Sydney

Forum member Sharkcaver recently got a GLX5 otherwise known as a povo pack.

Look up his build thread, I think he mentioned the differences.
              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• werner
                • Jul 2008

I see all the dealers are low on stock for Pajeros of all models. They had a big drive selling then heavily discounted. I get the feeling a new upgrade is about to show up. They are very tight on info .I am about to buy an Exceed in the next few weeks and wonder if I should sit tight and wait a bit longer.

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by werner View Post
                  I see all the dealers are low on stock for Pajeros of all models. They had a big drive selling then heavily discounted. I get the feeling a new upgrade is about to show up. They are very tight on info .I am about to buy an Exceed in the next few weeks and wonder if I should sit tight and wait a bit longer.
                  Sounds like the MY17 is not far away.
                  Note the MY17 will gain a DPF to meet the new emission regulations. Unsure if this may have issues like some earlier DPF cars, or whether it will use more fuel. It will probably require the more expensive "low ash" oil. (I'm glad I have an MY16 without DPF).
                  Unsure what other changes they may make - they usually fiddle with some of the equipment fitted (not always for the better).

PS - have a look at Carsales for an idea of what stock may be around at some dealers.
                  Also noticed on MMAL website they have a "runout" offer on GLX, so MY16 almost finished.
                  Last edited by spot01; 17-08-16, 11:55 PM.
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• werner
                    • Jul 2008

I received a reply from Mits Aust and the did confirm a MY17 release soonish but they have no idea of specs , changes or date and prices yet.
                    Wish I knew what will change. I May just get a 2016 Exceed and forget what I may not get in a few months or weeks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X