• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Currently QLD

stoopid

I just read a review of the Hyundai Sante Fe 2016?

Now I am in no way criticising that vehicle. What I am amazed at is the pricing of the models. The top of the range Diesel and Auto is $60K.

Now if you consider that for very little more you can buy a similar speccced Pajero and yet have a vehicle that is so much more capable offroad wise and towing wise and dare I say safety wise I have to wonder why Mitsubishi is dropping this class of vehicle. The caravan and camping parks are well represented in numbers of Pajeros. The fact is the monocoque has proven itself and with a tech upgrade and a styling tweak and here and there. Now if the problem is with emissions and the engine then I would say to Mitsubishi... build design licence and tweak one.

I think if Mitsubishi drop the Pajero (can i be so biased to say) their flagship vehicle then they will become a small and medium sized ho hum car builder competing against a wave of Chinese newcomers as well as the rest of the worlds middling manufacturers offerings.

Dare I say that the Pajero is their point of difference from these companies and that the Pajero is the front of mind marketing vehicle, the flagship, the marketing symbol, because the rest of the vehicle range offered by Mitsubishi is about as distinctive as a rock in a quarry.

Vent over sorry just going through the 9 steps probably at angry having not left denial phase yet.
    2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

• Pauno
      • Dec 2012
      • Newcastle

My mother bought a Kia Sorento Platinum about 6 months ago after having a diesel xtrail for 6 years before that. She wanted the room the old boxy xtrail gave which none of the new ones do, wanted a diesel again, and a top speced car, plus 7 seats was a bonus that would be handy. She does not go off road but likes the SUV style car.

Unfortunally most of the SUV's in the xtrail/forester range only come as a petrol in top spec form, she has had multiple subaru's and there is still 3 in the family so I was trying to steer her that way. Subaru is a good example in that it's iSight technology does not come with diesel variants. I told her why don't you check out a Kia as they all look the goods now.

If the Hyundai is anything like the Kia which it would be as they are the same, then it's light years ahead of my NW exceed in terms of technology, quality, refinement, power, economy, the lot. If I did not need a real 4wd I would get something like that straight away. I would much prefer to sit in that each day and average 8.8l around town vs my 11.5-12l that I get in the pajero.

I am not unhappy with the pajero, like most people on this forum they bought one for a reason. Mine was that it's a proper 4wd, I can launch my boat on the beach, it's a good size and the key was price otherwise like most people I would be driving something else.

My 2c worth
      Last edited by Pauno; 03-01-16, 07:47 AM.
      NW Exceed

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X