• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbopiston
    • Jan 2011
    • Sydney

Subwoofer - Car stereo

I am thinking of installing a stereo in my challenger. I have a good 12" sub but I think if I had good speakers, that is all I need.

Anyone been in this situation?

Does anyone have any amps installed?
  • aaron.miller
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2011
    • Epping, NSW

Check out the charlie the challenger thread he put two subs in a custom enclosure

Aaron
    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• cheesy
      • Mar 2012
      • Townsville

If you want good bass you will need to amp it and add the sub.
      The stock speakers are rubbish in the Challenger and the Head Unit doesn't drive aftermarket speakers particularly well.

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

If you are intent on the wretched 'doof-doof' thing (I probably would be too if I was 30 years younger !), then check out the Headshock Triton build on the Newtriton Forum. An 8.5kW amp and 16 x 80Ah batteries to power it is a bit over the top. Each to their own though . . . . . .
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • Maitland, NSW

Most people who are set on installing a sub mainly want it for the big doof doof.
          Add some good quality splits in the front, decent speakers for the rear and a decent 4ch amp, this should give you what you are after
          If the stock head deck has no RCA outputs then buy an amp with high power inputs(speaker inputs) or pick up a high power(speaker) to low power(rca) converter box.
          97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
          97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X