• Show
Clear All
  • P4J3R0
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Brisbane

The Blob. 2008 NS Pajero

Hey all,

Just a quick thread on my pajero and all the mods I am doing to it.

Bought it with 200000km on the clock, Stock as a rock, One owner, full log book.

Pictures of the journey so far.

Last edited by P4J3R0; 05-01-15, 08:37 AM.
    NS Pajero, with stuff.
  • Rovingman
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2014
    • Blue mountains

Nice one, photos please!
    Pajero NT RX 2011
    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

Today's effort fitting the bar.

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• m_and_m
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2010
        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

I loved the "build up" part of creating you own rig...

But, even better is using it to its full potential.

Wish I spent more effort on photos of the before and after.

Looking good!
        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Rovingman
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2014
          • Blue mountains

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
          I loved the "build up" part of creating you own rig...

But, even better is using it to its full potential.

Wish I spent more effort on photos of the before and after.

Looking good!
          X2
          Im hopeless at photos and completely love looking at what someone else has done. .

Well done on the blob slo78u
          Pajero NT RX 2011
          Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
          LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Burgers
            • May 2014
            • Monash S.A

Great looking rig, were mine is heading eventually. Did the DPF delete pipe make much difference? When you installed your bar did they include a template on where to cut the bumper or was it take a few measurements and go for it. Want to have a crack at installing my bar when I get it.
            08 NS VRX Pajero
            3.2 DiD, Auto, 265/60r18 Dueler A/T's, ARB deluxe bar (colour coded), IPF spot lights, Magnum 9k winch, duel batteries, electronic brake controller, Anderson plug, Milford cargo barrier, 2inch Bilstein/Lovell suspension lift, spv egr block,
            Future Plans: roof rack and awning, air trek snorkel.

Comment

• Boo Boo
              • Aug 2012
              • Kilsyth

Hi There
              Great work. When you replaced the DPF did you do anything else to remove the burn cycles and do you notice any smoke coming out after replacement.
              2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2013
                • Brisbane

Made the DPF myself, no real notice in power, no smoke at all. By deleting the muffler it has made no increase in the exhaust note except you can hear a little turbo whistle when you get off the gas. It definitely has made a difference over 3200rpm, it breaths so much better and rattles less, the wife drives with a heavy foot and it sees redline every time she drives. I only notice burn cycles from increase in fuel consumption on the trip computer.

The bar is great, welds are average fit is great, templates are crap.
                When you do it I recommend marking as per templates, cut 10mm long (so you can trim it back to where it should be), fit bar and line up (should only have a 5mm gap at this stage), use bar as template to mark even final cut, remove bar and make final cut, install pinch weld, instal lights in bar (ARB led blinkers and parks are cheaper than I could get aftermarket ones), final fit of bar.
                NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Brisbane

Playing in the mud, learning its limits,
                  NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• abw
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Sydney

Gee, I hope that's your paddock you're tearing up!
                    was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2014
                      • Wellington,New Zealand

like your work there.I am really tempted on a sahara bar myself.Some people say you need the protection of the full bull bar,but in nz tight bush etc i see the top headlight loops being as much of a hindrance as a help.Prolly wouldnt even have the centre loop ,as long as i could still mount an aerial or two
                      2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                      BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2014
                        • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Slo78u View Post
                        Playing in the mud, learning its limits,
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ-DLigajkY
                        i coudnt watch...if it were me i woulda gone stright into that pole!
                        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• P4J3R0
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Brisbane

Yeah, a mates farm. Once we had finished his brother brought his twin locked, turbo 5.7L, comp truck out with 37" and showed us how it's really done!

Did some electrical stuff today.

Big thanks to this forum and it's members. First for the bloke who said use a spatular to remove dash parts. Second to the guy who discovered that mitsubishi build the paj to hold standard narva/arb/carling switches in their holders.

Yes I found a 50 in behind the dash.

Then moved to the engine bay for the second battery and dual battery isolator.

NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• P4J3R0
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Brisbane

Big day planned for tomorrow with the creation and install of all the relays, fuses, circuit breakers. And mounting the ARB compressor in the rear seat well along with a air tank and the construction of a potable water tank and pump. And a few extra wires for power outputs for the fridge and accessories.
                            NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• bilgeboy
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2011
                              • melbourne

That's a lot of dust behind your dash!
                              2008 VRX 25TH anniversary with lots of extras
                              GONE! 1997 NK Pajero turbo diesel GLX 31" Maxxis bighorns/2'Lift/ARB Winchbar/ warn x9000/ IPF 900 Spots/GME UHF and a Jesus bar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X