• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rusty
    • Jun 2007
    • Victoria, Australia

Advice needed from WA

Hope someone from the West picks this up and can help.
    It is that time of the year when the mass exodus of 4WD's leave Victoria for the West. At the moment I know of 2 Club trips underway, another 2 leave in the next 4 weeks and 2 more after that.
    News filtering back at the moment says that, due to the explosion on the NW shelf gas works, diesel is being used to fuel generators/boilers and the like and as a consequence it is in short supply at service stations. Further the news is that this is expected to worsen and those of us planning to go a bit remote could find supplies limited/not available/waiting time for deliveries.
    Hope someone from there can give us some local advice. Is this real? Is it expected to continue? For how long (they are talking 6 months to get repairs done to the Well)? Will remote areas be given priority? Will it ease as they get more ships on the water from Singapore? And etc.
    No need to comment on the effect on price. I think we can work that one out for ourselves.....
    Rusty
    2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
    Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
    2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras
  • wapajeronm
    • Dec 2007
    • Perth, WA

There's no shortage in metro areas and i cant imagine there will be in country either, its not as much fuel suppliesas it is shortage or electricity supplies.. I wouldnt think there would be a problem but if you really want to be sure email our local Fuelwatch,
    Web: http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Maybe I can stash some away while I am over there Rusty.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ranger J
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

Where are you planning on heading? I haven't heard of any shortages from my local forums, albeit that some of the prices are astronomical out bush.

Probably a question for the ExplorOz forums if you want more specifics.

Cheers,
        Jayden
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Rusty
          • Jun 2007
          • Victoria, Australia

Thanks Jayden
          The various groups are heading in a variety of directions. Mostly remote then to the coast.
          We are going from Uluru down the GC Road to Leonora then down to the coast at Esperance and around. So I don't anticipate any issues but a few of the others are spending more time in remote areas.
          Our target is the Bridgetown Blues festival and that is much later in the year anyway so things will have stabilised by then I am sure.
          Rusty
          2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
          Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
          2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X