X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dale147
    • Jul 2007

LPG Tank situated

G'day guys, I'm getting my new Pajero, 2000 model, set up on gas shortly, but I dont know what's a good position for the LPG tank so it doesn't take up a lot of room. How's everyone else's set up?

Cheers
    Dale
  • linou
    • Jul 2007
    • Perth

Hi Dale,

My tank sits in the well that the third row of seats fold into. The bottom of the well is cut off and a new deeper section added, to take the 68 ltr tank. You do loose the ability to fold the third row away (I remove the seats and leave in the garage), but the instal is very neat. The cover that would cover the seats covers the tank (that is a lot of cover!!). It appears to be the best place to locate the tank, out of sight, does not impinge on cargo space / ability to fold second row and creat more space and does not impinge on the departure angle too much.

I have some photos if you would like a clearer idea.

Cheers

Christian
    Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

OK Dale when you say a 2000 model I presume it is a NM Paj. Here are some photos that were uploaded for the old forum regarding a conversion to gas.

Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• dale147
        • Jul 2007

Thanks for that Dave, my Pajero is a NL GLS model, the one prior to the 2000 upgrade. Would it still be the same?

Cheers
        Dale

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Originally posted by dale147 View Post
          Thanks for that Dave, my Pajero is a NL GLS model, the one prior to the 2000 upgrade. Would it still be the same?

Cheers
          Dale
          Tank location will be different, tanks are fitted underneath on the NL ,on the NM models the tanks are fitted in the third seat well.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• dale147
            • Jul 2007

Thanks again Dave, but one other question because of that, my fuel tank, that wont be changed or anything to accomodate the LPG tank will it.?

Cheers
            Dale

Comment

• pjchris
              • Jun 2007

From memory on all models prior to the NM the fuel tank is replaced with a smaller one to accommodate the LPG tank in the same space as the petrol tank.

Peter
              2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

• snarley
                • Jul 2007

dale,

Would be interested in where the LPG tank is placed and what happens to your petrol tank. I own an NL and was considering the same.

cheers

Comment

• 6G74
                  • Jun 2007

As pickle and others have said, your fuel tank is removed, lpg tank put in its place, on the passenger side, in between the diff and tfc a smaller replacement fuel tank is installed.

Comment

• Goody
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Brisbane

Hi all, My NL is on gas ans was done before I purchased her. The tank sits behind the rear passenger seats. The 7 seater option has been removed and the the tanks has been boxed in and some slide out draws have been made up to fit. It does take up a fair bit of space but you can still sit a lot of gear on top of the slide out draws and in them . Id say the box work was done buy the bloke who preloved it before me and he did a reasonable job. I'll organise some pics if anyone wants to see how it looks. It suits us fine as we are a 3 person caravanning family, all the normal shopping fits, the cargo area is still large enough to be useable, when the rear seats fold down you've got as much space as a station wagon and you can hide attractive items in the draws.
                    All the best
                    Goody
                    2018 NX GLS Pajero
                    3.2 DiD
                    Pretty stock, Uniden UHF, Dual battery system, HPD Catch Can, Rear Draws and fridge slide
                    Tug for my van and boat
                    I love herhttps://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...lies/smile.png

Comment

• bernardpotatoe
                      • Jul 2007
                      • Frankston, Victoria

my previous wonderful car was an NL. I had impco gas conversion done last year (just in time for $2k rebate!). The orriginal fuel tank was taken out and a 68ltr usable gas tank put in its place. A 50 litre petrol tank was instaled passenger side in front of rear axle. Had some issues, installer didn't clean fuel tank, and iron filings/junk destryed fuel pump (pump runs even on gas). Backfire problems if car was stalled and then tried to start too quick cold or hot. perfect start usually cold, but hot would stall after 30 seconds unless you were ready on the accelerator. tank is forward close to rear axle, so still good clearence off road, polyair suspesion would have helped becaus of extra weight when off roading. brilliant cost to run reduction. have changed to the NP DID, motor brilliant but miss the cheap running of the gas
                      2003 NP DID GLS Auto, 50mm Iron Man Suspension, ARB BBar, Chinese winch, custom fridge/equipment rack, Rhino RoofBars and alum TGM roof rack, UHF CB, Bridgstone D697 265/70-16, Safari Snorkel, Polyair

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X