Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Intake Manifold clean- now how should I clean the ports in the head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Intake Manifold clean- now how should I clean the ports in the head?

I have completed cleaning my intake manifold. before and after results here
    I originally posted this question in my previous thread, but I think it better to start a new thread.

So, I now have a pristine intake manifold, but my intake ports in the head are filthy too.

DIRTY CYLINDER INTAKE PORT

How have others cleaned these?

Process I thought of for each cylinder is:
    1. ensure intake valves are closed (I take rocker cover over off - good excuse to do the valve clearances too)
    2. wipe out as much oily sludge as possible with a clean cloth
    3. spray with can of liquid-moly diesel engine intake decarb to dissolve the oily crap. This works really, really well btw. Better than kero, petrol or oven cleaner.
    4. put rag over port to capture the liquid, and blow liquid 'n' crap out with an air compressor
    5. repeat steps 2-5 until clean (prob about 5-10 times I reckon)

Thoughts?
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010

Well, finished now.
    Didn't follow my procedure.

I just wiped them out with a rag sprayed with liqui-moly.
    Didn't bother with the air compressor or removing the rocket cover.
    At the end I just gave it a little spray with the liqui-moly.

forgot to take the 'after' picture.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

So how did it come up Marshal? This is a job I have to do my self as soon as I can but I want to do the Tappets as well.

Might be a while off at the moment though.

Steve
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• m_and_m
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2010

Car's back together now. Bit of a delay as both my factory and auxiliary battery trays were broken. I now have an ARB dual battery tray installed, and I modified it to enable two 12" batteries (instead of the 1x10"rear and 1x12" front).

I'm shocked at the difference cleaning it has made Heaps nicer to drive.
        Lots more torque down low (1200-1800), and at hwy speeds it now just chugs along (boost 2-4psi) instead of me needing to 'encourage it' (boost 6-10psi)
        Auto torque converter locks up more often too.

Geess I hope it stays like this...

Next task is to check/adjust the valve clearances.

Comment

• csimic
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Maitland

Honest/good mechanics near Maitlanad

Hi we have a 2010 Pajero VRX Wagon 4m41 auto.

We have 100,000km on the clock now and it needs its accessory drive belts replacing, valve clearances shimmed, and the intake manifold removed and cleaned out and anything replaced that is found on the way.

I am very careful about who works on my Pajero lol .

Can anyone suggest a really good diesel 4x4 mechanic in the Maitland/Newcastle area?

Many thanks,

Michael H
          2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X