• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josooowa
    • Dec 2009
    • Adelaide, Australia

Door lock switch on drivers door on NP or only NS/NT

I recently test drove a NS GLX and it had an additional door locking / unlocking rocker switch in the driver's door control panel. Was this additional button only introduced in the NS/NT range or was it available on the NP?
    For me it would be nice to have the rocker switch to lock and unlock doors rather than using the switch / mechanism in the door handle.
    Josooowa
    2019 NX GLS ARB Bar Billstein Lovell HD Combo
    2004 3.8 NP Manual ARB Bar Billstein Lovell HD Combo (soon for sale...)
  • Aussie_Dan
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2010
    • Cairns

Don't have it on my 2004 NP either.
    Unless they introduced one in 2005 or 2006 (which I highly doubt....) it must be an NS / NT thing.
    Cheers, Dan.
    2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Squid17
      • Mar 2011
      • hawthorn

I have a 2006 exceed NP and mine does not have it either. Its a great idea and I was surprised that such an upmarket car did not have this small feature.

Comment

• rotare
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2007

For me it would be nice to have the rocker switch to lock and unlock doors rather than using the switch / mechanism in the door handle.
        I use to have a Toyota Surf that had this feature and I probably used it less than a handful of times. Excuse my ignorance though....is it really such an issue to lock all the doors by pushing the drivers door lock, rather than pushing a separate button for this function?..... Have I missed something?
        2013 NW VRX

Comment

• Faereag
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Overiding access by grand childrem and emergency security activation would be issues for me!
          Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Cairns

Originally posted by rotare View Post
            I use to have a Toyota Surf that had this feature and I probably used it less than a handful of times. Excuse my ignorance though....is it really such an issue to lock all the doors by pushing the drivers door lock, rather than pushing a separate button for this function?..... Have I missed something?
            Snap! We had a Surf before the NP aswell.
            You are right though Rotare, it is no issue at all to just flip the latch on the drivers door to lock all the doors. No big deal to me either.
            Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• rotare
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2007

Overiding access by grand childrem and emergency security activation would be issues for me!
              You get get all this now when you lock your drivers door....
              2013 NW VRX

Comment

• Josooowa
                • Dec 2009
                • Adelaide, Australia

I think it must make a lot of sense to quite a number of manufacturers as it is now very common to have it...even the NS and NT has it in addition to the button on the door handle so it must have made sense to MMC too....the difference is that now the driver's door can be opened without opening all the other doors as well....coming from a place where hijackings occur around 60 times a day, it is quite a valuable feature if you can decide who gets in your car when you get out....Toyota has had it for years (I am no Toyota fan and will probably never own one)...but that is just my opinion....
                Josooowa
                2019 NX GLS ARB Bar Billstein Lovell HD Combo
                2004 3.8 NP Manual ARB Bar Billstein Lovell HD Combo (soon for sale...)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X