• Show
Clear All
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

BushSkinz Rock Sliders

Hi Guys,
    Just a little info and pics of our BushSkinz Rock Sliders.

Our sliders are made from 42.5mm OD mandrel bent steel tube with a wall thickness of 3.2mm meaning it has bucket loads of strength and will be there when you need it most, unlike some flimsy alloy steps which just aren't designed to provide much protection while out in the rough stuff. Also our steps are deigned to sit at about the same level as the standard steps which come fitted on many of the models, meaning that no ground clearance is lost either.

Now you may be thinking with all that nice thick strong steel they must have a significant weight to them, so you may be surprised that for the SWB they only weight in at 13kg each only 3.8kg heavier then the standard side steps fitted to the SWB. The LWB steps are only 20cm longer which makes the weight only a couple of kg's more.

In order to protect those very nice new looking rock sliders from the elements we have chosen to have all of our rock sliders powder coated black. this means that you have a nice durable surface protecting your steps from things such as rust, but when you do really take a chunk out of the paint possibly from sliding over a rock, it is then pretty easy to give the steps a quick spray with some black paint and they will be looking like new again.

To make getting in and out a little easier we use 3mm alloy checker plate, which covers the whole length of the slider, which not only makes the sliders much more cosmetically pleasing it also gives you a nice sure footed platform for anything from getting in the vehicle to loading/unloading all that camping gear up on roof.

These steps are available for Gen 3/4 model pajero's both SWB and LWB and will be in stock as of mid March 2010 for only $799 Including delivery Aus wide!!!

Attaching the steps to the vehicle is done via three 6mm steel plate brackets either side. Below are the attached pictures of some of our BushSkinz Rock Sliders attached to our NS SWB Pajero (Plese note the images of the Rock Sliders on our vehicle are our original prototypes and as a result are not powder coated or mandrel bent which yours would be).

If you have any questions please don't hesitate in getting in contact with us either via PM, email at [email protected], or through our website at www.bushskinz4x4.com.au , You can also get a hold of me on 0405 055 990. If I am unavailable chances are I am in the workshop so just leave me a message and I will call you back as soon as I get out of the noise.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers,
    Kieron
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pearcie; 01-03-10, 06:34 PM.
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Thanks Kieron..

Mate gave the Sliders a good workout today very happy.. Link to pics:

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Mcgolliver
      • Nov 2010
      • Brisbane (east)

Gday Keiron, thanks again for the slider and under body protection, it's already proven itself far superior over the rubbish that is factory fitted.

One question tho, recently I managed to rub over a tree trunk across a track and in doing so have popped 3 or 4 of the rivets that hold the checker plate to the steel tube.

Can you tell me what size they are? I need to get some and replace them. (Not only to stop the rattle but to try and quieten the whine from the passenger seat )

Thanks

McGolliver
      '07 Gunmetal Grey NS VRX DiD manual with family pack and factory alloy bullbar, custom seat covers, full Bushskinz guards and rock sliders, Mickey Thompson STZ 18"s

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Hi Kieron

When fitting these sliders to an NP Exceed, do they bolts straight on to where the factory steps are now or is there some drilling etc. involved. I haven't had a good look as to how the steps are attached at the moment but thought the factory mounts probably weren't terribly solid for the MM side steps.

Cheers

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Pearcie
          BushSkinz 4x4
          • Nov 2007
          • Wattagans

Hi Geoff, It is surprising how strong the factory mounts are. The main issue with the mounts is that the mounts themselves are made from pretty thin steel but the mounts of the steps are 6mm thick and cover most of the surface area of the mount on the vehicle so when bolted up it means that the mounts on the vehicle doesn't easily get bent out of shape because the 6mm thick mount is supporting it. The Factory mounts although they aren't very thick seem to be very sound in terms of there attachment to the vehicle.

We use the Factory mounting points simply because with the Pajero's there is no other option with out doing serious drilling in to the vehicle and given how solid the factory mounts have turned out to be, I don't really see a need to make the fitting process a serious task that people can't do at home.

Hi Mcgolliver,
          The rivets you would need have a 4.9mm Diameter and a grip length of around 7mm. I can post some rivets to you if you like as we don't use them anymore now that we use steel checker plate and weld it on.

Cheers,
          Kieron
          Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• Pearcie
            BushSkinz 4x4
            • Nov 2007
            • Wattagans

FINAL SETS OF SLIDERS (for a while atleast)

Hi Guys,
            Well unfortunately the guys doing the mandrel bending for us had the sale of their business fall through, which is a shame really seen as the business is 50+years old. As a result for the time being we won't be doing any more sliders once this batch runs out. Depending on what happens we may investigate things again but given I will be having my hands full with my wife giving birth to our 2nd early in the new year you can probably appreciate finding new suppliers won't be a priority for a while.

Anyway we have materials for another 7 sets of LWB and 3 sets of either SWB or NM (GLS upwards) Sliders.

These will be going out the door for $650 Delivered for forum members. So if you would like a set let me know ASAP as I really want to get this side of things wrapped up soon.

Plenty of stock of the Pajero guards as well so if you need any of the other gear let me know and I'll see what sort of deal Kattie will let me get away with

Just flick me through an email and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
            Kieron
            [email protected]

Comment

• Cormac
              • Jul 2012
              • Sydney

Cheers for the contact details

Will be in touch very soon

Cormac
              ~~~~~~~~~~
              1992 NH 3.0 Manual
              few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
              Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
              Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
              ~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Jayde
                • Jun 2012
                • Charters Towers

Order

Hi Kieron,

Just sent you an email to order a set.

Many thanks,
                Jayde

Comment

• Goodsy
                  Who ya gunna call....
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Hervey Bay

PM and Email sent. I only need one pair.
                  .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Goodsy
                    Who ya gunna call....
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Hervey Bay

Ordered and on there way. Thanks Kieron.
                    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Pearcie
                      BushSkinz 4x4
                      • Nov 2007
                      • Wattagans

Thanks guys,
                      Just an update there are only 2 sets of LWB steps left.

Cheers,
                      Kieron

Comment

• jhsg
                        • Oct 2011
                        • ACT

Email sent. I'll take a set.

Cheers.

Comment

• Rich0
                          • Dec 2011
                          • Sydney, South

Ditto above. Email sent, I'll take a set along with a sump guard
                          2002 NM GLS 3.2 DiD Manual
                          My build thread on the to do list

Comment

• Pearcie
                            BushSkinz 4x4
                            • Nov 2007
                            • Wattagans

Hi Guys,
                            Just an update we have now sold out of all of the sliders. Just waiting on a couple of payments to come through, if anything falls through I will let you guys know.

Thanks very much guys for jumping on board so quickly. I will have everything dispatched ASAP.

Cheers,
                            Kieron

Comment

• Platinum Motorsport
                              • Aug 2011
                              • Karratha, WA

Rock Sliders

Gday Pearcie,

Is there any chance that you will be making these again in the future ????

Cheers

Neil

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X