Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 02-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
Try clearing browser history (cookies).
From memory this issue with google has happened before..

Pickle?
yeah i tried that along with a config flush, I have never had it happen and its only on the work computer, very odd
Old 05-11-18

I'm having the same problem as Stoneman with Chrome, I think Admin better read this.
https://security.googleblog.com/2017...-symantec.html
Old 05-11-18
Valued Member

No problem for me using Win 10 and Chrome. Anti virus is Eset Nod 32, which is far superior to Norton and not a resource hog like Trend Micro.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 05-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
It works fine at home but not at the office.
Being the manager of IT Security in an office....

Firewalls can be configured to intercept the encrypted traffic so they can monitor for bad stuff.
This can play havoc with digital certificates and your browser then complains.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Landrover Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL wagon. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.
Old 19-11-18

Those getting the warning, are you using the address:
https://www.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/
or
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/

The website security certificate is for www2, so if you use www it doesn't match and will generate that error. Try www2 and see if it helps
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 19-11-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrubby View Post
Those getting the warning, are you using the address:
https://www.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/
or
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/

The website security certificate is for www2, so if you use www it doesn't match and will generate that error. Try www2 and see if it helps
Thanks for posting, but that doesn't work for me.

Using Chrome on a Samsung Android tablet, everything is fine. Using Chrome on a Sony Android phone, it complains about the Symantec certificate. Chrome 69 vs Chrome 70.

Chrome browser on a pc isn't complaining - I'm guessing I don't have the latest version.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 19-11-18

So, from googling that error NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY support for certificates older than December 2017 is being dropped by the browsers and the cert for this site is from 2016 (although doesn't actually expire until 2019).
In that case I'm not sure why it doesn't error on all current browsers, but I have reached the extent of my certificate knowledge and will leave it to more learned IT folk.
For what it's worth, I know how big a pain it is trying to keep systems up to date and I think the crew running this site do a great job of providing such a fantastic source of knowledge, experience, and support for Pajero owners.
2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper guard. Custom side steps. Boos front three 3mm bash plates. Maxxis AT980. Couple of CB radios. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ASFIR hidden winch mount with Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel
Old 19-11-18
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrubby View Post
So, from googling that error NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY support for certificates older than December 2017 is being dropped by the browsers and the cert for this site is from 2016 (although doesn't actually expire until 2019).
In that case I'm not sure why it doesn't error on all current browsers, but I have reached the extent of my certificate knowledge and will leave it to more learned IT folk.
For what it's worth, I know how big a pain it is trying to keep systems up to date and I think the crew running this site do a great job of providing such a fantastic source of knowledge, experience, and support for Pajero owners.
Thanks for that.

This link from Just Cruzin explains the issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cruzin View Post
I'm having the same problem as Stoneman with Chrome, I think Admin better read this.
https://security.googleblog.com/2017...-symantec.html
As I understand it, those involved in this stuff are concerned that Symantec's process for issuing security certificates wasn't sufficiently secure, so Google has decided that some Symantec security certificates are no longer trust-worthy. This forum has one of the certificates under question.

Yes, we want a new one. But this forum isn't a commercial enterprise managed by professionals, so it's not something we can fix overnight. But we are trying to fix it.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box