Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 21-11-15

Default 'Like' option

Not sure if it's already been asked or proposed, will the forum at any stage be introducing the ability to 'like' posts? Be handy to be able to show appreciation for a post without the need to reply to it, especially to avoid derailing threads.

Cheers.
Old 21-11-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroma View Post
Not sure if it's already been asked or proposed, will the forum at any stage be introducing the ability to 'like' posts? Be handy to be able to show appreciation for a post without the need to reply to it, especially to avoid derailing threads.

Cheers.
From memory the newer software version that we tried a couple of years ago had something along these lines along with a lot of other great features. Unfortunately a lot of people weren't happy with the change (and I think there were some stability concerns at the time also) so we reverted. I don't believe its possible in this version of the forum software that we are using currently.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 21-11-15
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
From memory the newer software version that we tried a couple of years ago had something along these lines along with a lot of other great features. Unfortunately a lot of people weren't happy with the change (and I think there were some stability concerns at the time also) so we reverted. I don't believe its possible in this version of the forum software that we are using currently.

Come on mate. That's not the answer we wanted!! where's the DISLIKE button?....lol

At least we have an edit button...that's a godsend at times..
Old 21-11-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Come on mate. That's not the answer we wanted!! where's the DISLIKE button?....lol

At least we have an edit button...that's a godsend at times..
most people don't like change sadly. I actually liked the newer software and was disappointed when we reverted

...did someone say tapatalk?
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 21-11-15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC.Barky View Post
most people don't like change sadly. I actually liked the newer software and was disappointed when we reverted

...did someone say tapatalk?
Software was good, server wasn't keen on it....along with some forum members .We will have another look at an upgrade soon
Dave
Old 22-11-15

Old 22-11-15
Valued Member

While i love tapatalk my current version of dolphin browser on my phone text wraps to screen size so it sort of makes the use of tapatalk defunct. I only just found out this isnt the norm on most phones and without it taptalk would be necessity.

Keep up the good work guys, at some point we'll need an upgrade and at least you guys are willing to listen to the members concerns.
2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com
Old 22-11-15

No worries just thought I'd ask the question. Cheers for replying.

Personally I can't stand Tapatalk. I avoid it at all costs.
Old 23-11-15
Valued Member

I do not understand what useful functionality a "like" button has. At what point has anyone made a decision to either view or avoid to view a particular item of interest based on the number of likes/dislikes? Do we pay per click now?

Some might argue that they would like to input their opinion without disturbing the conversation. To me this basically sums up a key reason for societies problems - everyone quick to "have a say" (which you're not really) in the laziest way possible. Isn't it a discussion forum rather than an agreement area. If you've got nothing to add do I or anyone else for that matter need to know that some sheeple agreed or disagreed with some statement made by some other anonymity on the internet by way of a thumbs up or down?

Hmm, getting a bit too soapboxy for a Monday morning. Maybe I should go find one of Goodsy's posts or go and watch that clip again of the car being hit by lightning
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 23-11-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
I do not understand what useful functionality a "like" button has. At what point has anyone made a decision to either view or avoid to view a particular item of interest based on the number of likes/dislikes? Do we pay per click now?

Some might argue that they would like to input their opinion without disturbing the conversation. To me this basically sums up a key reason for societies problems - everyone quick to "have a say" (which you're not really) in the laziest way possible. Isn't it a discussion forum rather than an agreement area. If you've got nothing to add do I or anyone else for that matter need to know that some sheeple agreed or disagreed with some statement made by some other anonymity on the internet by way of a thumbs up or down?

Hmm, getting a bit too soapboxy for a Monday morning. Maybe I should go find one of Goodsy's posts or go and watch that clip again of the car being hit by lightning
Would you like some cheese with that whine? Gee wizz, if you think clicking a 'like' button on a forum is key to society's problems, i suggest you turn on the news one day.

It was a simple question which received a simple answer from the Admins.