Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 06-07-13
Resident

Fundamentally, I have no objection to somebody joining to sell items that may be of value to our members.

In this particular instance, is he selling or fishing?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 06-07-13
Administrator

Well he is selling....but going back through a few pages in Market Place it is quite surprising how many have joined just to sell their vehicle/wares. Even some commercial sellers I suspect.
Dave
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

There are pros and cons..

If there is a benefit to legitimate members then it's worth letting them sell their stuff. - if they are idiots / abusing members, then I don't think anyone would miss them..

The trouble with setting minimum posts for being allowed to sell means it's extra work for mods/admins to check every market place post, and you are only encouraging them to join up post "WOW" and ""well done" and "looks great" 10/15/20 etc etc times on other people's posts to get their post count up..

personally, just leave it how it is - peer moderation will weed out the idiots and bring them to you attention if they get abusive...
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF View Post
The trouble with setting minimum posts for being allowed to sell means it's extra work for mods/admins to check every market place post, and you are only encouraging them to join up post "WOW" and ""well done" and "looks great" 10/15/20 etc etc times on other people's posts to get their post count up..
That is definitely the downside to having a minimum number of posts to sell stuff, especially for the Admins/Mods.

I can see both sides of the argument. Forum members might get a bit of a good deal from those that have joined simply to sell stuff, but the flip side is, if you are simply trying to sell something, then thats what sites like Gumtree are for. They are free to advertise.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

I would be inclined to ignore it at this time, if it becomes an issue that effects the quality of the forum then take action.
What action?
You want new members to post, so a time restriction is bad.
You dont want meaningless posts, so a minimum number of posts wont work.
Perhaps a advertising fee (more admin, members will hate it).
Another thought is you must have been a member for 3 months to use the for sale section,and any "for sales" in any other thread are deleted. If you want to short cut the process register as a commercial user for a fee.
My 2c worth
Jim Boyer
2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

I don't think post count etc matter but everyone should have to use a template and have a price as do other forums.

Makes it easy to see what is for sale, where, how much, condition blah blah.

At least sellers would have to put in some effort, not just "99 Pajero for sale, PM offers"

No template = delete. Not that hard to do, makes it even easier to place the ad as you don't have to think about it, just fill in the blanks!
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

I wouldn't be so quick to judge them as unworthy of the right to sell their unwanted pajero goods.
Most of the time it's where great bargains come from and benefits members. Obviously there may be issues with spammers flogging off new items but I'm yet to see it abused in such fashion.

I picked up a 5 speed with reduction gears in excellent condition for a steal of ben ross and made a good friend in the process. He's a big pajero enthusiast and new most of us on the forum were as he's read over the forum plenty of times and joined purely to offer one of us a bargain snd to see the box to a good home..

Point being, it's not a bad thing and unless it's being abused, then alterations aren't needed.
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

The structure of the post is a damn good idea NAB
A template is a good idea but a bit overboard. Maybe a basic set of rules to follow in the sticky like the ones you have suggested and if not met then they get deleted.

On my facebook 4wd parts pages I stress using vital details for the sale to the point of no return, it's straight to the point and saves needlessly asked questions.
Old 07-07-13
Valued Member

Many forums have a template similar to the one below. You just copy it from the first page then paste it into your post. If you can log on to the forum you can do this. If the ad gets posted without using the template, a friendly reminder, if no change after a day delete.

Even including the state in the thread title helps a lot eg. "[WA] NP rims and tyres"

Just food for thought.

ITEM:

CONDITION:

REASON FOR SELLING:

PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS:

EXTRA INFO/CONTACT DETAILS:

PICTURES:
Old 07-07-13
Valued Member

Send a message via MSN to justcruizin

Maybe even a temporary membership for say a month if all someone wants to do is sell something. After a month the add and User ID are automatically deleted. I do like the format above for an ad.
08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110