Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 06-07-13
Administrator

Default Market Place

Do you think it is fair that people join the forum just to use our Market Place. Example here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=32575

I would really like people to join and give some input to the forum and not just use it for a freebie and a gain in an exercise of selling gear. Would I look like a right bitch if I deleted his add
Dave
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

I dont think so mate. I know Pradopoint have rules on their Market Place, you have to be a member for at least 3 months and have to have made at least 15 posts. Saves people joining just to advertise stuff for sale.

As for deleting old mates thread, considering he is selling the one thing you would join this forum for in the first place - the car - I dont think its unreasonable. Would I be annoyed if it happened to me if I was in his position, probably. Are his intentions in the best interest of the forum, maybe, maybe not. Could you send him a PM highlighting your concerns, and ask him if he intends to make a valid contribution to the forum, and not just use it for free advertising?

Having said that, could the Market Place have rules similar to that of Pradopoint? Just my thoughts.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

If the members on here could benefit from the items in the advert I don"t see it as a negative.

Prado point is a very special place and i hope we don't follow there lead.
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

The upside of someone joining just to post up something for sale is that the something might be an awesome find for a more active member.
Obviously spammers need the noose, but I can't see any harm in new members selling stuff.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

However these guys who just join to advertise often ask ridiculous prices which generally we wouldn't ask of one another.

I think only registered members should only be able to see the great bargains we give each other.

And yeah make a restriction on being able to post within the market place, if they are selling their car how are they going to make a contribution to the forum?
Old 06-07-13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoteye View Post
if they are selling their car how are they going to make a contribution to the forum?
My point exactly.
Dave
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoteye View Post
However these guys who just join to advertise often ask ridiculous prices which generally we wouldn't ask of one another.

I think only registered members should only be able to see the great bargains we give each other.

And yeah make a restriction on being able to post within the market place, if they are selling their car how are they going to make a contribution to the forum?
If their prices are a joke, we'll just treat them as such & no one responds, so they get the message soon enough, but to avoid wasting time on guys like that, some forums will quickly remove posts if prices aren't listed (maybe make that a requirement?).
It's great being able to pick up a couple of bargains from the forum's market-place.

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
"I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

Minimum post count is very fair, have some positive input and not spam posts before you have privilege to use market place.
I'd delete above post due to nature of how it's being conducted.
Old 06-07-13
Valued Member

Maybe take each add in its own merit. If a total rip of, get rid off or advise the seller they are not being realistic, if a good deal, and there is a chance of a forumite benefiting, let them advertise.
Is there any way of having a pubilc for sale, not sure how it would work, but after a fww it seems like a good idea.
Cheers,
Andrew.

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 06-07-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Anderson View Post
The upside of someone joining just to post up something for sale is that the something might be an awesome find for a more active member.
Obviously spammers need the noose, but I can't see any harm in new members selling stuff.
I am only new to the pajero forum having just recently purchased my paj. At the same time l obtained a mates NH that was destined to go to the wreckers. l have been stripping the vehicle and selling parts through this forum and others. Members from this forum have been able to purchase the parts they want at what l believe to be very reasonable prices. So that has benefited everyone not to mention increasing my mechanical knowledge as l have stripped the car. I support David's view if there has to be some restriction on this. I have been amazed at the support forum members give each other and hope that continues. I think that makes this forum great