• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakar-01
    • Jul 2008
    • Geraldton

Hello again

Looooong time as in yeeeears since I've been here.
    Good to be back.
    I've gone through a few great mitsu 4x4s. Right now my daily drive is a 2005 mk Triton. V6 glx-r. I've recently aquired it. It has been very well looked after. And is a pleasure to drive. I also own 2004 glx. Much rougher, but it goes hard off-road.

Anyway to the point.
    New glx-r has automatic front hubs. And the front diff actuator switch had developed a problem where it throws into 4wd whilst driving. I had come across this problem before in my 2001 nm Pajero. So knew immediately to replace the vacuum solenoids for the front diff actuator. Bammo fixed. Beautiful.

Here's my question. The 2001 Pajero had this very same front diff setup. But had the option of a locked center. The 2001 Pajero could drive onroad in 4H but not in 4hlc

This 2005 Triton with the front diff akin to the 2001 Pajero. Does not have a 4hlc or a 4llc option. Only 2h 4h or 4l.
    Can this system like the Pajero drive onroad in 4h??

Hope someone here can tell me for sure. This place I recall was a wealth of knowledge.
    2004 MK Triton v6. 2.5zorst. Xtractors no cat' highflow muffler. KN airflow n Hiclone. (Nuthin lost). Spots n worlights n patrol wheels with 265 75 16 yoko at.
    Nolothaned swaybar. Next on list is suspension an hd control arms
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Welcome back.

Originally posted by Dakar-01 View Post
    This 2005 Triton with the front diff akin to the 2001 Pajero. Does not have a 4hlc or a 4llc option. Only 2h 4h or 4l.

Hope someone here can tell me for sure. This place I recall was a wealth of knowledge.
    Sorry, no on-road 4H. The Pajero has Super Select, which has a centre differential in the transfer case. In 4HLc and 4LLc the centre diff is locked - that's the "Lc" bit.

Your Triton only has Easy Select, without the centre diff, so the 4wd modes are like having the Pajero's centre diff locked.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dakar-01
      • Jul 2008
      • Geraldton

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Welcome back.

Sorry, no on-road 4H. The Pajero has Super Select, which has a centre differential in the transfer case. In 4HLc and 4LLc the centre diff is locked - that's the "Lc" bit.

Your Triton only has Easy Select, without the centre diff, so the 4wd modes are like having the Pajero's centre diff locked.
      Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good to be back. Usefull info immediately like old days.
      I must say despite needing to get out of the Ute to turn the hubs. I much prefer the manual hub settup in the glx. Main reason is I can use lowrange without locking the hubs to reverse a heavy trailer without binding anything up. And no faulty vacuums to worry about.
      2004 MK Triton v6. 2.5zorst. Xtractors no cat' highflow muffler. KN airflow n Hiclone. (Nuthin lost). Spots n worlights n patrol wheels with 265 75 16 yoko at.

Comment

• RodMac
        • Aug 2008
        • Sunshine Coast Qld

Good to be back.
        I've gone through a few great mitsu 4x4s. Right now my daily drive is a 2005 mk Triton. V6 glx-r. I've recently aquired it. It has been very well looked after. And is a pleasure to drive. I also own 2004 glx. Much rougher, but it goes hard off-road.

Anyway to the point.
        New glx-r has automatic front hubs. And the front diff actuator switch had developed a problem where it throws into 4wd whilst driving. I had come across this problem before in my 2001 nm Pajero. So knew immediately to replace the vacuum solenoids for the front diff actuator. Bammo fixed. Beautiful.

Here's my question. The 2001 Pajero had this very same front diff setup. But had the option of a locked center. The 2001 Pajero could drive onroad in 4H but not in 4hlc

Hi, for what it is worth, my 2005 GLX-R has had the 4wd switches on top of the gearbox either taken out of the equation or bypassed or added to, as I can use 4wd Low range with only the rear diff working, a switch has been installed on the dash to engage the front diff via a relay, very helpful backing up with a trailer on hard standing. Not sure of how it was done (all the wires are coloured brown Doh!) but others here may have an idea of what is involved.
        Rod Mac
        Sunny Coast

Comment

• Dakar-01
          • Jul 2008
          • Geraldton

Originally posted by RodMac View Post
          Hi, for what it is worth, my 2005 GLX-R has had the 4wd switches on top of the gearbox either taken out of the equation or bypassed or added to, as I can use 4wd Low range with only the rear diff working, a switch has been installed on the dash to engage the front diff via a relay, very helpful backing up with a trailer on hard standing. Not sure of how it was done (all the wires are coloured brown Doh!) but others here may have an idea of what is involved.
          Rod Mac
          Sunny Coast

I want this settup so much. Wish I could know how to do this...
          Anyone?

Comment

• Jasonmc73
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2019
            • Brisbane

Good to be back.

Anyway to the point.

No mate, no diff in the middle, she'll bind up & brake something long term & may not take long either 100%?
            If its remotley like Triton I drive albeit its 2014, it binds bad in 4wd, tyres are matching & pressures as well.
            I can feel it no troubles.
            Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Dakar-01
              • Jul 2008
              • Geraldton

Originally posted by Jasonmc73 View Post
              No mate, no diff in the middle, she'll bind up & brake something long term & may not take long either 100%?
              If its remotley like Triton I drive albeit its 2014, it binds bad in 4wd, tyres are matching & pressures as well.
              I can feel it no troubles.
              Yeh so now I'm moved onto looking into this modified/bypassed switch mentioned above. So I can use lowrange and in rear wheel. U know how to do that?

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

Yeh so now I'm moved onto looking into this modified/bypassed switch mentioned above. So I can use lowrange and in rear wheel. U know how to do that?
                Sorry cannot help FYI
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X