Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 13-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_schomacker View Post
Installed mine the other day with no real issues (I did break the drill bit halfway through the second hole though).

A couple of pairs of medical forceps with a kink (google magills forceps) that I borrowed from work made very light work of the plugs under the transmission tunnel.

Early days yet, but it looks like between 2.5 (highway) and 4 (back dirt roads) l/100 improvement in the fuel economy which Iím most impressed with.

Iím off to cairns next week so Iíll compare on / off with an almost 1200km round trip (head down off & back with it on).

You getting the ecu remapped?
Old 13-07-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
You getting the ecu remapped?
Itís on the books when I have enough money for it. I found a place in Cairns that will do the remap (egr delete to be confirmed) and dyno before and after for $1100.
Old 20-08-19
Valued Member

I wanted automate but for my NS only lockup mate is available.

Ordered and paid. Hoping the fuel savings will pay for itself over the next year or three across the pond in South Africa. I should be able to extend the ATF change intervals as well which is another saving as the DIA Queen fluid is pricey.

Sent from my S60 Lite using Tapatalk
2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D
Old 20-08-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ePikanini View Post
I wanted automate but for my NS only lockup mate is available.

Ordered and paid. Hoping the fuel savings will pay for itself over the next year or three across the pond in South Africa. I should be able to extend the ATF change intervals as well which is another saving as the DIA Queen fluid is pricey.

Sent from my S60 Lite using Tapatalk
Fuel savings?
If fuel is $1.50 a litre and LM8 or AM8 saves 1 litre per 100 kms and you only travel 15,000 a year this is a $225 a year saving so even with low kms travelled and low savings it will pay for itself in less than 3 years.

On my Challenger, I had the tested the first Lockup Mate for 10,000km and have now had Auto Mate Serial No 1installed for just over 20,000kms. Fuel savings are between 5% and 25%, it really depends on the where you are driving, what loads you are carrying/towing and how you drive. Both LM8 and AM8 keep ATF temps under control so even under hard conditions 90C is rarely reached and if so it is only for very short periods, without the TC locked 115C to 120C were common peak temperatures when the vehicle was working hard. Byproduct of lower ATF's is lower engine coolant and engine air intake temperatures as the engine doesn't need to work as hard for a given level of performance, NO TC slip = More usable power!

For me the biggest gain has been the driving experience of being reconnected to the vehicle, LM8 and manual mode of AM8 turn the slow rubbery slush box into a clutchless manual so driving hilly terrain and fast dirt is far more satisfying.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Last edited by old Jack; 5 Days Ago at 04:19 PM.
Old 20-08-19

Agree with OJ - I have only had automate installed for a short time but used on my recent trip to Qld - 5000km over 4 weeks - Iím estimating at least 10% fuel savings but more importantly for me the driving experience and towing was so much better - I donít have ability to monitor temps but trust the experience of others that itís protecting my AT as well
Old 6 Days Ago

Hi Guys,
I am looking at getting one of these and know of the benefits of a locked TC but want a bit more info or feedback.

Looking at the Automate as it is just switch on and pretty much forget.

With Automate in drive not towing how does it respond to planting your foot to overtake.
Example you are stuck behind a truck doing 80 you get a chance to overtake so you plant your foot. Does it kick back to 3rd and go? Or will it try to hold 4th in lockup?

It is the wifeís daily drive so it has to behave the same or better (faster/quicker) or she will be telling me I wrecked her car.

The wife and daughter also use it for towing the horse float, they know how to use the sports shift but I am pretty sure they donít use it all the time.
With Automate all I will have to teach them is to make sure the blue light is on and maybe the 5th gear lockout.

I may have missed it but I have read through this tread and Marshallís website but havenít seen the answer to this question.

Thanks in advance.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto.
Basically Stock. 180k.
Heavier rear springs to tow the GGís.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto.
Basically stock. 350k.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Planting the foot to overtake with the TC locked is far more responsive than when it's unlocked.
That's one of the first things I noticed after fitting Lockup Mate. It's the same when I upgraded to Auto Mate.

Jumping back to 4th would be determined by how hard you press the accelerator I guess.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 5 Days Ago

Scott,

Most certainly Auto-mate will shift back gears if you plant your foot. Marshall demonstrates this in his Youtube clip at 11:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toRtbOcJj0A&t=890s

Benny.
2011 NT Pajero Platinum, dual batteries, MM alloy bar, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent catch can, EGR disabled, Auto-mate TC lockup, 2 micron secondary fuel filter, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors & Bendix 4WD pads, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, H-Reese Compact brake controller, Uniden UH7760NB and Scangauge II.
Old 5 Days Ago

Yep Iíd say it has either not affected or improved overtaking
Old 5 Days Ago

Thanks for that Benny.
For some reason I didnít watch the videos.
Wish I had done so first as it gives so much information.
I had to watch it twice to take it all in.
Will definitely be going the Automate option.
Cheers.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto.
Basically Stock. 180k.
Heavier rear springs to tow the GGís.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto.
Basically stock. 350k.