Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories

Bolted on bits, factory and aftermarket accessories Discussion of after-market extras: winches, bull bars, tow bars (and Towing), roof racks, snorkels, and other cool stuff

Old 12-05-19
Valued Member

What's the overall height of the vehicle with the enclosed rack? I'm looking at the tray, but like the functionality of the full rack. Undercover car parks are a driving concern as it's the wifes daily as well.
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 30-05-19

Has anyone here taken the roof rails of an NP exceed?

I can lift the end caps up a touch but for the life of me can't figure out how they come off.

My cutting disk is on the bench waiting next!
Old 30-05-19
Valued Member

Rev rev see answer I posted where you ask same question in section Gen 3.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poita View Post
What's the overall height of the vehicle with the enclosed rack? I'm looking at the tray, but like the functionality of the full rack. Undercover car parks are a driving concern as it's the wifes daily as well.
I cant speak for the enclosed rack unfortunately but i have the full length flat rack so if you know the height step up you can add it. At full height mine sits at 1.94m at the rear and 1.93m at the front. That's with a 40mm tough dog lift, about 100kg in the rear and tyres that are almost due to be replaced (so would probably just scrape under 1.95m with new tread). I was aiming for 2m when i fitted it so pretty happy with that outcome for parking lots.

Wind drag / fuel economy has increased by around 0.4L/100km by my measurement since fitting. And at it's lowest point i reckon it has 5mm or under of clearance to the roof of the vehicle so its pretty tight.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDHHH View Post
I cant speak for the enclosed rack unfortunately but i have the full length flat rack so if you know the height step up you can add it. At full height mine sits at 1.94m at the rear and 1.93m at the front. That's with a 40mm tough dog lift, about 100kg in the rear and tyres that are almost due to be replaced (so would probably just scrape under 1.95m with new tread). I was aiming for 2m when i fitted it so pretty happy with that outcome for parking lots.

Wind drag / fuel economy has increased by around 0.4L/100km by my measurement since fitting. And at it's lowest point i reckon it has 5mm or under of clearance to the roof of the vehicle so its pretty tight.
Hi David,

You wouldn't have the height of the flat rack measured from the roof skin ?

Cheers
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostboost View Post
Hi David,

You wouldn't have the height of the flat rack measured from the roof skin ?

Cheers
Not sure exactly what you mean but if you can clarify i'm happy to measure any particular parts of it. Since the rack is flat and the roof is curved a bit like a dome (with the ridges also running front to back down the middle) the distance from rack to roof varies across the entire vehicle. The low point is from the bottom of the cross bar and the top of one of those ridges at the peak of the 'dome' right in the centre of the roof and i would say that it is under 5mm at that point. The further forward/rearward you go the more the clearance increases and the closer to the edges of the vehicle the clearance also increases. Just let me know what points you wanted measured...
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDHHH View Post
Not sure exactly what you mean but if you can clarify i'm happy to measure any particular parts of it. Since the rack is flat and the roof is curved a bit like a dome (with the ridges also running front to back down the middle) the distance from rack to roof varies across the entire vehicle. The low point is from the bottom of the cross bar and the top of one of those ridges at the peak of the 'dome' right in the centre of the roof and i would say that it is under 5mm at that point. The further forward/rearward you go the more the clearance increases and the closer to the edges of the vehicle the clearance also increases. Just let me know what points you wanted measured...
hmmm you're right.. how about measure it from the roof skin to the top of the round tube in the middle of the roof. So the intersection point of where the centre line of the car crosses the middle roof rack mount point.
I'm planning on getting a Ocam flat tray with their bracket that replaces the factory roof rails but I want to make sure it clears the underground car park at the local shopping centre.

Thanks for your help David. Much appreciate it.
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
hmmm you're right.. how about measure it from the roof skin to the top of the round tube in the middle of the roof. So the intersection point of where the centre line of the car crosses the middle roof rack mount point.
I'm planning on getting a Ocam flat tray with their bracket that replaces the factory roof rails but I want to make sure it clears the underground car park at the local shopping centre.

Thanks for your help David. Much appreciate it.
Not a problem, i'll try to measure it tonight. Should be about 45mm though. OCAM use 32mm tubing plus the aluminium cage over that would be 5mm then plus the distance to the roof. Like i said above i measured the highpoint on mine at 1.94m which was actually the rear of the rack since the rear of my paj sits slightly higher than front. I've been into 2m shopping centre car parks with no issue, havent found a 1.95m one to check that yet though! And i'm using he replacement rails from OCAM as well.

Cheers
Old 3 Days Ago

Hi David,

If you haven't already measured your roof height then don't worry about it mate. Thanks for your help.
I ended up going with a Rhino backbone and pioneer rack. What a PITA to install and the mounting holes on the Pioneer platform doesn't even line up with that on the backbone.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Hi David,

If you haven't already measured your roof height then don't worry about it mate. Thanks for your help.
I ended up going with a Rhino backbone and pioneer rack. What a PITA to install and the mounting holes on the Pioneer platform doesn't even line up with that on the backbone.
Not a problem mate. I ended up measuring it anyway in case it was useful for someone else. 43mm to the top of the rack from the top of roof skin at the lowest point.