Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 12-08-19

Default Pajero NX rear differential

Hi, can someone answer this rear differential question. I have a 2017 NX Pajero stock standard and was confused by the fact that my rear wheel spun on wet grass and I was left motionless. I thought this model would have had a limited slip configuration that stopped that or am I missing something.???
Old 12-08-19

Traction control turned off?....
Old 12-08-19
Valued Member

Yes TC should have kicked in and braked that wheel so power went to the other side (no manual LSD in NX / Gen 4, just the rear diff lock and the electronics)

How much spin are we talking about here, full on one wheel spinning so you could not move or just a bit?

You should leave it in 4H all the time anyway IMHO!
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 12-08-19

Hi, I was stationary on the gravel verge with rear left wheel on wet grass. I performed a u turn and noticed the car was taking forever to move until it reached the bitumen then it was fine. I haven't had my Pajero long but thought it would have had the mechanics to stop wheel spin. I have only been using 2WD. Should I us 4WD all the time?
Old 12-08-19
Resident

The ability to drive in 4H full time is one of the benefits of Super Select, but some owners report extra vibration in 4H over 2H.

Pajeros haven't had LSD since Mitsubishi introduced traction control, working on the theory that traction control will do everything the LSD did, and probably more. Most of the time, the traction control in the Pajero is quite effective, so it's a little unusual that you experienced so much wheel spin in the circumstance you described. Unless the ASTC (stability control) had kicked in and you had power cut rather than wheel spin? Are you sure one wheel was spinning?

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 12-08-19
Valued Member

There's a lot of discussion in here about whether to use 2H or 4H all the time and you'll see different opinions. Personally, I drive in 4H, which is basically what is known as All Wheel Drive, like the Prados or Subarus have as standard. It's safer, particularly in the wet and probably would have pulled you out of the grass without you even being aware of it.

I hope you are aware that the other options of 4HLc and 4LLc are not to be used on bitumen.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.