Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Fuel and fuel systems

Fuel and fuel systems Petrol vs Diesel, LPG Conversions, premium fuels, and all that gas

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hi there. I'm new on this forum, as I just bought a 2016 SH Pajero. I want to install a Provent 200, but I'm a little bit concerned about one thing: I saw some videos where people were complaining about crankcase pressure problems after installing this thing (not on Pajero). Is this something to be concerned? Did you have bad experiences? There are users here that had the Provent 200 installed for some time now, so I think you should have a clear opinion by now.

I'm already convinced that the filtration offered by the Provent is real and is good for the engine, it's just that I'm afraid not to have a bad influence on the air system, as this is something intrusive, not considered by the development team when the engine was designed. Thank you for your replies.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

The pressure drop across a properly installed quality catch can would be minuscule. Should not be any issues at all.
3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 1 Week Ago

Been running a provent 200 for over 50,000 on my Amarok with no issues

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulitto View Post
Hi there. I'm new on this forum, as I just bought a 2016 SH Pajero. I want to install a Provent 200, but I'm a little bit concerned about one thing: I saw some videos where people were complaining about crankcase pressure problems after installing this thing (not on Pajero).
Were they genuine Provent catch cans, or one of the cheap copies?

Were they installed with large bore hoses and elbows, or small hoses and restrictive elbows?

Were they properly maintained i.e. filters changed / cleaned on a regular basis?

A genuine Provent installed with properly sized hoses and fittings, then properly maintained, won't cause crankcase ventilation problems.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box