Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 06-08-19
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I think speed is the big problem on this one. Most of the trucks will do the limit so judging by the speed he passes the truck, this guy is really travelling.
Not so sure it's a truck, judging by the height of the dashcam and the ariels on the front bar.
Long way to drive from Adelaide to near Townsville with that van in tow without a problem . I reckon it's the aerodynamics of passing the vehicle and cutting back into his own lane a bit to quick that buggered him up.
Old 06-08-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
Date on the dashcam Oct 2015??

Itís a Transcend dash cam. I have one and if the battery goes flat, which is often they lose the time/date and default to 2015. Iím now sick of resetting the thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
I reckon it's the aerodynamics of passing the vehicle and cutting back into his own lane a bit to quick that buggered him up.
I agree.

i just assumed it was a truck but you're probably right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza999 View Post
It’s a Transcend dash cam. I have one and if the battery goes flat, which is often they lose the time/date and default to 2015. I’m now sick of resetting the thing!
That makes sense....albeit annoying.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 06-08-19
Valued Member

Many years ago, I was carrying a trailer load of mattresses to a ski lodge. I had about 18 mattresses in a 7 x 4 trailer - a stack in the middle with 2 mattresses stacked vertically on their sides each side. The whole lot was roped down. The load was, shall we say "Springy". I drove about 70 to 80 km/h all the way because the trailer was twitchy. All went well until i got to the foot of a long, steep hill and I gave it a bootfull of throttle to get a good run up the hill. As I went past the National Park Ranger gate, a wombat wandered out in front of me. I swerved and missed it, but the trailer was really throwing the car around. Fortunately, I was at full power and eventually the trailer settled down because I was able to pull it out of the sways. Coming back down the next day, I saw the skid marks left by the trailer. It was obviously dancing from one wheel to the other. Exactly what angle it tilted to I have no idea, but I guess it must have been interesting to look at.
Old 06-08-19

IMHO there are mostly 3 reasons for these accidents:
Speed, speed and speed.
Vans are just getting heavier and heavier, with manufacturers understating weights grossly, (personal experience).
So we have caravans weighing more than the tow, speeding, with all that weight centered around a 50mm tow ball, and then swerving back into the left lane.
Guess what happens next?

Greg
Old 07-08-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza999 View Post
Itís a Transcend dash cam. I have one and if the battery goes flat, which is often they lose the time/date and default to 2015. Iím now sick of resetting the thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thatíll explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Many years ago, I was carrying a trailer load of mattresses to a ski lodge.
Look out ladies
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread