Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Giving them a Rap!

Giving them a Rap! Had a good experience with a business. Praise them here!

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Looking for a good mechanic in Perth to inspect before buy

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first Pajero in a few weeks and am planning to head up to Perth (couple of hundred kms from home) to make the purchase.

Looking for a tidy 2008—2012 auto-diesel with less than 200k km on the clock with about $15k. Got a bit of list going, think this should be achievable.

My biggest issue is that I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to mechanical stuff. I've grabbed the checklist from the Pajero.Guru website to go over the basics but wanted to ask for any recommendations about getting a pre-purchase mechanical inspection. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited by Heavyghost; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:33 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I have used Autospections a few times. I generally get a “feel” about the car then get them to give it a once over, mainly looking for previous panel damage or signs of any major mechanical work that been done, so far they have been thorough and picked up a couple little things I missed.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Not been there myself but isn’t Drago in Bayswater supposed to be a Pajero expert?
Drago’s Automotive IIRC...
3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithyv View Post
Not been there myself but isn’t Drago in Bayswater supposed to be a Pajero expert?
Drago’s Automotive IIRC...
Definitely a good option. Drago is very knowledgeable on Pajero's and a brilliant, practical mechanic with plenty of experience. Highly recommended!
NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

X 3 for drago. He seems to really know his stuff with all things pajero. I think he owns an NW.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Great, sounds like Drago might be worth a call and I'll have Autospections as a backup, thanks for your advice guys!