X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolphin
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008

isn,t that cover guard [ grey one ] the mm factory intercooler guard ? looks like the new intercooler guard [ black ] is fitted over the top of the original guard, i hope the NS havn,t gone to fibreglass for the intercooler and engine sump guards.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• CeeJay
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2008
      • Samford, QLD

My intercooler guard replaces the OEM IC guard. The OEM guard is thin (1mm steel). My sump guard replaces the OEM sump guard. The OEM sump guard is plastic.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

i see. now what is that Grey colored piece above the black IC guard ?
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• CeeJay
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2008
          • Samford, QLD

Part of the monocoque chassis I believe.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• brett
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007

Not really a part of the chassis, it's more of just a body panel, it forms part of what I'd call the radiator support panel, It's only made out of thin panel steel and this is the problem. You can have the strongest thickest steel bashplate but the front mounts bolt to this thin panel steel, you won't bend your bash plate but this panel will easly bend if hit. I've had to straighten mine a few times with a hammer after giving the front bash plate a whack. Not sure how to fix it but that front mounting point for the bashplate needs some major strengthening if you intend to bash your bashplate. The sump guard mount's to the crossmember and is much stronger so not really a problem.
            This is all in relation to an NP not sure if the NS/NT are any better, doesn't look like it from above photo

Comment

• dolphin
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008

so maybe this guard should have been designed to bolt up higher to the bottom of bull bar section, this is what i couldn,t fathom the Grey section of steel looked to be the original cooler plate with the new mod one bolted over the top but not as high to cover all.

Comment

• brett
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007

You don't normally see that steel panel as the bumper covers it but the ARB bar does not come down as far so you can see it. If the plate was to bolt to the bullbar then the plates would have to be speciffically designed for a particular bar

Comment

• Matumbi
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Darwin

I've just had a new sump guard for my NP made up by a local steel fabricator. Only took an hour from the moment I walked in the door asking if he could do it, to driving away with some piece of mind.
                  I ripped off the plastic/fibreglass one while 4wding and was a lot happier once this went on. Made of 3mm Galvanised steel.
                  I've already "bashed" it on a rock today that I didn't even see (in the middle of a mud bog) but I definitely felt it. The only sign of the impact was a build up of clay around the underbody.

Here's some pics. As you can see, the intercooler guard has copped a few hits and is next on the list for replacement.

Matumbi
                  1st Pajero: '96 NJ GLX 2.8 TD
                  Current Pajero: '05 NP GLX 3.2 DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X