Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Out with the carpet in with the ......rubber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnhgh
    • Feb 2010
    • Brisbane

Hi Wayne,

give Sandgrabber a call, as well as their mats they do replacement fitted vinyl floors for the Hilux so maybe they could do one for the Pajero?

Cheers

John
    2010 NT Diesel GL, TJM bull bar, Ox 9500lb winch, Airtec snorkel, Kings springs & XGS shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, TJM underbody guards, cargo barrier, dual batterys, UHF, LRA fuel tank, Prorack roof bars, Lightforce Genesis lights.
    1997 NK Petrol GLS with way too many accessories

Comment

• ngwagon
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • mt evelyn

you could leave it in and if and when its muddy and drity just take it out and give it a clean at the car wash with the high preasure hose?

Comment

• Zed
        • Jun 2008
        • Hunter Valley

When I needed new flooring in my old hilux it was about half price for the carpet than vinyl, so if you replace your carpet when it's stuffed it would work out cheaper.

Comment

• Blinky Bill
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2009
          • Bellingen NSW North Coast

And the winner is?

Gents many thanks for your input to my original question. It's made for interesting reading.

Based on what I've read and my bank balance, I reckon the solution will be to just live with the carpet that I've got and protect it as best I can (all within reason of course). Then afterwards, if the need arises, I'll rip it out and have fresh stuff put in for the new buyer.

Q. So what's protect it 'within reason' I hear you ask?
          A. Presently I'm thinking that duck tape and thickish plastic, such as large garbage bags, on the floor is the way I'll go. On top of that I'll lay down a few old towels (easy to wash & dry) and on top of that I'll drop down good quality rubber mats.

Hopefully all this added thickness won't result in us having our knees up under our chin.

Then once home again and with that 4x4 trek over I'll rip it all out and "presto" neat looking carpets in mint condition are underneath ready to serve with the look of luxury that makes the Missus feel like she's in a limo.

Here's hoping.

Cheers - Wayne
          2013 NW Platinum Auto DiD - Tow bar, rubber mats, MM GPS, MM neoprene front & rear, ARB compressor, Safari snorkel and Bridgestone D697's.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
          * ARB air lockers
          * Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
          * nudge bar

Comment

• Zed
            • Jun 2008
            • Hunter Valley

Places like Spotlight shops have a fairly thick (2mm?) clear plastic that may be worth looking at, might go alright under the mats cut to size
            We have this on or timber dinning table to stop the kids marking the table or spilling drinks on it

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Be wary with plastics. You need a non-slip surface, especially when "at the helm"

Shane.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Blinky Bill
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2009
                • Bellingen NSW North Coast

More points to consider

Thanks Gents for your comments. The Missus enjoys Spotlight. So I'll check them, Clarke Rubber and so on.

Sharkcaver - Oi Shane I followed the link on your signature to check out your modifications. You're one very busy boy aren't you? There's loads of good stuff for me to oggle over.

The one that's caught my fancy is your rear shelf & cargo barrier combo. It's a nice & simple set-up that offers flexibility. Very nice. I like it!

Take care - Wayne
                2013 NW Platinum Auto DiD - Tow bar, rubber mats, MM GPS, MM neoprene front & rear, ARB compressor, Safari snorkel and Bridgestone D697's.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
                * ARB air lockers
                * Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
                * nudge bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X