• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

Don’t listen to the haters, they will fill you up and send you on there way and than just bambozil you with BS

Originally posted by NSGaz View Post
    Hi all,

For those that simply replaced the DPF with the race pipe and reused the existing temperature sensor, was this all you ever had to do to avoid the dreaded DPF light or any other issues?

It appears that in other threads it is advisable to install resisters into 2 temperature sensors to avoid issues without a ECU re flash. (Still trying to understand what resistors and which sensors)

I'm trying to get organised to do my own, but don't want to get half way through to find I'm missing a part etc. as I cant afford to be without a car.

Thanks in advance,

Garry
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Chip Tuning View Post
      You get away with this SOMETIMES. It is not a 100% fix Garry

Try it if you like however if you are not sure OR don't want to be stuck anywhere come to us and we can get it sorted
      ALL THE TIME

You’re to expensive for what you get and you don’t even end up with a dyno tune, just some bench tune you have

Comment

• Stoneman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2012
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
        Hi Garry
        I just connected the pressure sensor pipes together and put the temp sensor back in.
        Nothing else done and ran this for probably 50,000Ks with no issues.
        I think the burns started happening less and less over time because the pressure difference burn never happened the the Km burn may also learn how much the DPF is blocked and adjusted itself over time.
        Not quite like that but close enough

You can have a fully unblocked DPF fail a burn due to temp sensors being out of the wanted criteria.
        And temp sensor can slowly die unlike what people think
        I had one that had a small hole, tested fine but when you put heat to it the hole would throw it out
        The thermistor was fine but the casing was damaged

I have seen so many that test fine but unless tested properly you would never know and everyone tell you it’s fine

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X