• jimako
    • Jul 2007
    • Hoppers Crossing VIC

ICOM IC-450 vs GME XRS-370

Hi Guys
    Im looking for any reviews or personal experience regarding the
    ICOM IC-450 vs GME XRS-370 or 330
    Im struggling to find anything that compares them both,
    (Ive googled to death) So just looking for your personal opinions and experience.

Cheers
    2013 MY13 VRX
  • mr gus
    • Dec 2012
    • ne vic

I can't really help with a comparison between the two but I recently installed the icom 450 and cant fault it.

Easy to use. Simple layout which speaks which channel you are on, scan is good. Clear transmissions. Have the handpiece in a convenient location.

There's probably a lot of features I don't know how to use, as well too!

You probably won't go wrong either way but for 350 online I went for the icom.

Hope that's some help!

Cheers!
    NW Pajero VRX, Smartbar, Bushskinz x 5, Achilles XMT muddies, MM seatcover, Rhino crossbars, Diff breathers, 3 inch exhaust, rear shelf and diy parcel shelf.

Comment

• jimako
      • Jul 2007
      • Hoppers Crossing VIC

Originally posted by mr gus View Post
      I can't really help with a comparison between the two but I recently installed the icom 450 and cant fault it.

Easy to use. Simple layout which speaks which channel you are on, scan is good. Clear transmissions. Have the handpiece in a convenient location.

There's probably a lot of features I don't know how to use, as well too!

You probably won't go wrong either way but for 350 online I went for the icom.

Hope that's some help!

Cheers!
      Mr Gus, i think that's the way im leaning at the moment, Whats the sound quality like out of the hand piece ?

Cheers
      2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

• mr gus
        • Dec 2012
        • ne vic

I reckon the sound quality is very good. Very clear.

Im sure you know this but I wired mine direct off the battery to ensure the best power supply.

It says in the UHF manual not to tap into the accessory or 12 v socket circuit as this can cause radio interference.

Cheers!

Originally posted by jimako View Post
        Mr Gus, i think that's the way im leaning at the moment, Whats the sound quality like out of the hand piece ?

Cheers
        NW Pajero VRX, Smartbar, Bushskinz x 5, Achilles XMT muddies, MM seatcover, Rhino crossbars, Diff breathers, 3 inch exhaust, rear shelf and diy parcel shelf.

Comment

• jasper361
          • Sep 2010
          • Eatons Hill

Sorry unable to compare the 2 either but I have had the XRS 330 for a couple of years and the quality is very good, main unit is only just bigger than a pack of playing card so easy to hide!
          2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
          MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
          Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• denmonkey
            • Oct 2017
            • Newcastle NSW

here's a review when I got mine a while back. It included a video review of the unit as well , so you will be able to see it.

With XRS you get a whole bunch of extra functionality like location services etc which are very handy but only if you will use them.
            There's also 'closed groups', I think they call it which allows you and other xrs radio users to specify a few channels for use whilst out for the day. If traffic appears on the channel you're using that isn't from one of those xrs radios, yours will all talk to each other automatically and change themselves to an empty channel. Very handy.

I have had lots of icom amateur radios but nothing in the 400 series. That said, I've been very happy with all of my icoms.
            I've just looked at the icom webpage and the 450 other than having a noise cancelling mic and looking like a sweet bit of kit, just looks like a regular radio.

THE GME has much more functionality but is only useful if you-
            1. have other mates with XRS radios
            2. plan on using the extra functionality .

the screens on the mics are tops too and the audio is very good.

also not sure on the price different between the 2

cheers Brett

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X