• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nearly there
    • Oct 2015
    • Halls Head

New ARB fuel tank

Hi just thought id share went to ARB Mandurah and inquired about when the frontier replacement long range tank will be available, upon looking it up the salesman told me it has a part number attached to it but no release date he said i could pre order one which i did so when it comes available i will be notified no price information was available however he did tell me i was the 4th person to pre order one and the more interest the quicker things happen.
    so if you are interested in the replacement 144ltr tank register an interest so they may speed up the process
    cheers Marty
  • Mundy55
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2015
    • Gold Coast

A few months ago I was told end of November. That had pushed out from end August which had pushed out from last year. Want one but DHYB fo the date.

Comment

• nearly there
      • Oct 2015
      • Halls Head

I agree Mundy55 i am after one before mid next year as heading bush looking for gold and would rather take extra water jerrys than diesel.
      I dont want an aux tank if i can help it so cmon ARB get your s--- together and release it.

Comment

• PJ_Sport101
        • Aug 2016
        • Canberra

For what Pajero model ?

PJ_Sport101
        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Mundy55
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2015
          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by nearly there View Post
          ........i am after one before mid next year as heading bush looking for gold and would rather take extra water jerrys than diesel.
          I dont want an aux tank if i can help it.......
          Like you I didn't want the auxiliary tank, the installation of which has costly flow on affects. I towed a camper across the Tanami earlier this year and took an extra 40L of diesel - topped up at Tillmouth Wells on the way in but still not enough and had to head into Balgo. Dreadful road in, depressingly awful location.

I am intrigued as to how they will fit in the purported 147L tank without losing clearance as there's not much room under the vehicle. I live in hope.

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
            Like you I didn't want the auxiliary tank, the installation of which has costly flow on affects.
            As Pauline would say, please explain.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• TC.Barky
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by PJ_Sport101 View Post
              For what Pajero model ?
              NM - NX (diesel only)

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
              Guess he means upgraded suspension due to weight behind rear axle?
              MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
              Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• gringo
                • Jun 2009
                • Harrington Park (Sydney)

Just called arb in vic apparently it is in the drawing stage only

Comment

• nearly there
                  • Oct 2015
                  • Halls Head

Sounds like every ARB are telling different stories lets hope it shows up soon at least prior to middle next year anyway, i suppose the more people ask the old supply and demand system might work

Comment

• Mundy55
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                    If you have an auxilliary tank, you lose clearance and departure angle and have additional weight behind the rear axle. This means you need a lift with stronger springs. Can't really just do a lift at the rear so need one on front. A lift on an independent suspension vehicle can cause bigger loads on cv joints and cardan joints, at least sufficient to create a major argument with the dealer if they fail in warranty period.

Comment

• grhyso
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • Perth

This has all been covered in the previous thread and ARB have confirmed through their account on here that it is aimed at a November release not just on the drawing board.
                      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• fester
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
                        If you have an auxilliary tank, you lose clearance and departure angle and have additional weight behind the rear axle. This means you need a lift with stronger springs. Can't really just do a lift at the rear so need one on front. A lift on an independent suspension vehicle can cause bigger loads on cv joints and cardan joints, at least sufficient to create a major argument with the dealer if they fail in warranty period.
                        I'm not sure how you can make that blanket statement without seeing the design of the new tank. Depending on the design neither clearance or departure angle HAVE to be affected overly much (I'm not saying it won't) and for many the slight loss is that big a deal. and to say you have to do a full suspension lift to counteract this and the weight is incorrect. There is no reason you can't just install heavier rear springs to counter the constant additional weight without lifting or for that matter maybe 20mm lift over original if the clearance worries you and you don't mind the bum up a little higher. An extra $250 bucks, jobs done. Not that much of a drama.

Comment

• nearly there
                          • Oct 2015
                          • Halls Head

For me the idea of being able to stay with a single tank is the selling point, I dont care much to have an extra filler hose, transfer pumps and extra gauges on my dash. when hopefully i can have a complete replacement installed.

Comment

• Ian H
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2015
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by nearly there View Post
                            For me the idea of being able to stay with a single tank is the selling point, I dont care much to have an extra filler hose, transfer pumps and extra gauges on my dash. when hopefully i can have a complete replacement installed.
                            The extra gauge with on/off button is less than the size of a 10c piece, hardly a problem. The second filler point is inside the original filler panel so you'd never know it's there from the outside and you just need to stop at some point and poke the nozzle down the other tube. Again, no big deal.
                            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• grhyso
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Perth

Originally posted by fester View Post
                              I'm not sure how you can make that blanket statement without seeing the design of the new tank. Depending on the design neither clearance or departure angle HAVE to be affected overly much (I'm not saying it won't) and for many the slight loss is that big a deal. and to say you have to do a full suspension lift to counteract this and the weight is incorrect. There is no reason you can't just install heavier rear springs to counter the constant additional weight without lifting or for that matter maybe 20mm lift over original if the clearance worries you and you don't mind the bum up a little higher. An extra $250 bucks, jobs done. Not that much of a drama.
                              He's talking about the currently available aux tanks that hang under the ass end of the car not the ARB model coming.
                              2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X