• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Daddy D
    • Jan 2011
    • SA

G'day from Adelaide

G'day guys and gals.

Been on the newtriton site for the last few months. Was about to purchase an MN GLXR, then realised that I'm going to need a car with three child anchor points.... And seeing the Triton only has two, the next choice is the Pajero.

So, I'll be sponging for info from all the wise and crusty characters here, and hopefully be getting my arse into a new Pajero sometime in the next few months.

Can't wait
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of good information here I'm sure.

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• MickSA
      • Jun 2009
      • Southern Suburbs of Adelaide S.A

G'day Big Daddy D - And a BIG Welcome from another adelaideian I find the new posts button very useful, lets me catch up on most posts about most topics.
      Cheers Mick 2012 NW GLX MANUAL

Comment

• tg123
        • Jan 2009
        • Adelaide

Hi there! Good to have another Adelaideian on board. I've had my NP for 2 years now & love it! Great vehicle to drive around town, excellent tourer and tow vehicle and, with a few basic mods, is very capable off road.
        Like Mick, I just logon and hit the New Posts button for an update.
        Cheers
        TG
        2006 NP Exceed DiD, dual batteries, OME suspension, Polyairs, Waeco CF50, 'Custom' rear storage, Bridgestone 694LT's, ARB Awning, Safari Snorkel, diff breathers, Bushskinz Bashplates - full set, AORC Quantum

Comment

• Big Daddy D
          • Jan 2011
          • SA

Thanks for the welcomes so far lads. And don't worry, this isn't my first forum, been on many over the years, so know the ropes there

Gotta say, I'm struggling to find a Pajero (or Paj, as it seems to be known amongst the cadre), on the road these days! I drive from Tea Tree Gully all the way to Mt Barker and back each day, the LONG way (cause I love driving nice cars on nice roads), and I see SR5's and GLXR's like they're going out of fashion, but stuff all Paj's!

Is it because they're a dying breed due to some catastrophic fault that is inherent of the breed, or just because they're for the connoisseurs amongst the edumacated, and are jewels in the rough?

I'd like to think it's because of the latter.

It meets all my needs (4WD, Manual, TD, 7 Seats, Silver). And I can't find anything for it's price (current quote is driveaway $58k with neoprene seat covers f/r, rear diff lock, sunroof which I didn't ask for - but still got quoted for, and metallic paint - fkn $1690) in the range that matches it.

Looking forward to a test drive, but dealer can't guarantee test drive in a manual

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2010
            • Cairns

Welcome mate.
            I have recently bought my NP DiD Paj and so far love it.
            It's awesome on fuel, has plenty of room to carry all our crap, is an absolute towing weapon and having 7 seats available is really convenient.
            It seems that I live up near you, as I am in Banksia Park. I drive from home to the airport for work and see plenty of Paj's out on the road. Maybe with the scenic / country type route you are taking to Mount Barker you are seeing more utes as the farmers up through the hills have a requirement for them?
            If you don't need a ute, you are better off with a wagon in my opinion. More versatile with the extra luggage room / seats and the rego on a ute is significantly more expensive here in SA!
            Good luck with the shopping!
            Dan.
            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• Blinky Bill
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2009
              • Bellingen NSW North Coast

Ask & yee shall receive

"So, I'll be sponging for info from all the wise and crusty characters here, and hopefully be getting my arse into a new Pajero sometime in the next few months."

Try this link to Marty
              2013 NW Platinum Auto DiD - Tow bar, rubber mats, MM GPS, MM neoprene front & rear, ARB compressor, Safari snorkel and Bridgestone D697's.

Daily transport & tug for 2000 Kimberley Kamper.

My 'one day' list:
              * ARB air lockers
              * Bilsteins, Lovells & 50mm lift
              * nudge bar

Comment

• Big Daddy D
                • Jan 2011
                • SA

Originally posted by Blinky Bill View Post
                Bugger, both autos

I'm in two minds. Do I;

a.) Buy a 2011 plated model later this year for a decent saving, or
                b.) Wait, and buy a new model Paj in Q4?

I'd love to save a few bucks, but I'd also love to be able to at least be given the opportunity to compare the old and the new...

I dare say I'll own the Paj for at least 10 years. Or give it to my wife when another model comes out. Whichever comes first

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X