• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talrusan
    • Oct 2019
    • Jordan

NX bumper bullbar

Hello guys,

Anybody knows what's the brand or who makes the bumper just like in the pictures.
    I don't live in Australia but i need to who to contact incase i can order one and ship it to Jordan.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

These are the Genuine Accessory protection bars sold by MMAL in Australia via their dealers.

I'm unaware who makes them, but I would suspect they would not be able to sell them to anyone other than MMAL. You could buy one from an Australian dealer or perhaps secondhand from a wrecker, although I suspect the freight cost would make it uneconomic. The black steel one is particularly heavy - alloy not so heavy. They are packed in a large cardboard box when shipped to the dealers. Sometimes a dealer will advertise them on eBay.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• talrusan
      • Oct 2019
      • Jordan

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
      These are the Genuine Accessory protection bars sold by MMAL in Australia via their dealers.

I'm unaware who makes them, but I would suspect they would not be able to sell them to anyone other than MMAL. You could buy one from an Australian dealer or perhaps secondhand from a wrecker, although I suspect the freight cost would make it uneconomic. The black steel one is particularly heavy - alloy not so heavy. They are packed in a large cardboard box when shipped to the dealers. Sometimes a dealer will advertise them on eBay.
      Thanks spot01, does MMAL sell them separately ? I prefer the black since it goes with car colors. I already installed TJM lift kit so no problem with the extra weight. But as mentioned the shipping cost will make it unaffordable, plus i have to pay customs too [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]. My Pajero in the pictures

Last edited by talrusan; 19-12-19, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

I,ve had the steel one since new. Dont know the exact weight..BUT ..its a hell of a lot lighter than ARB, TJM etc.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

I've got the alloy version and since I have weight issues when towing, I'm glad I don't have the extra weight on the front.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by talrusan View Post
            Thanks spot01, does MMAL sell them separately ? I prefer the black since it goes with car colors. I already installed TJM lift kit so no problem with the extra weight. But as mentioned the shipping cost will make it unaffordable, plus i have to pay customs too [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]. My Pajero in the pictures

I think the dealers would sell them as a "spare part", but you may have to search a bit to find one willing to ship it overseas, as this adds some complexity they don't usually need to get involved in. You may need to find a freight company that would handle all that stuff for them.
            Also note they are quite expensive (like all bars here).
            If you don't need the strength of steel, perhaps the alloy one could be painted, powder coated, etc?
            If you look on eBay, you might find dealers that are selling genuine parts that might be more willing to help, even if they don't have the bars listed.
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

Part numbers fro Mitsubishi Australia are.....

MZ350539 for alloy bull bar

MZ350542 for steel bull bar
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

Also refer to the MMAL website as I think there is some info there (look under Pajero accessories).
                Note there have been changes to the bars as the models have changed - make sure you get the correct model.
                There is also a slight risk that your overseas market car may have some differences to the Oz cars that could affect how it would fit, but no way of knowing other than studying the photos.
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• talrusan
                  • Oct 2019
                  • Jordan

Also refer to the MMAL website as I think there is some info there (look under Pajero accessories).
                  Note there have been changes to the bars as the models have changed - make sure you get the correct model.
                  There is also a slight risk that your overseas market car may have some differences to the Oz cars that could affect how it would fit, but no way of knowing other than studying the photos.
                  I think they are all the same. Already found some one on ebay. The price is USD 1784 for alloy. But not shipping overseas. You alright the y are available on MMAL website bith steel & alloy.

Comment

• farcanal
                    • Mar 2010

I did some research before buying genuine from my dealer...actually came in cheaper than some of the others.
                    The deal breaker for me was some of the after market bars seemed to have issues with the fog lights and day time driving lights …..as in "you can't have them"
                    Genuine black steel was $2800 fitted. ( they did stuff some wiring by squashing the harness under a bracket, but that's another story)

Comment

• Ozzz
                      • May 2019
                      • Brisbane

i was thinking of buying this sporty bar , what you guys think
                      My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Mike DiD
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2007

You need to decide whether you want a bar that looks good, or one that will provide good protection on impact.

The bars that MMAL sell are made for show, rather than useful protection.

They are very close to the body to look stylish. Even if you hit a pigeon at 100kph, the bar will flex back - just try kicking the bar to see how rigid it is. If the bar and its projections like aerial mounts are not well clear of the body, even a small strike will result in body damage.

Also the MMAL bars are much lighter by being made of thinner material, thereby allowing more flexing
                        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• surf54
                          • Jan 2018
                          • Port Macquarie

I am pretty sure QB (Queensland Bullbars - https://qldbullbars.com.au) makes these bars for Mitsubishi Motors Australia but I don't think they deliver directly to customers for the NX. Maybe they will deliver them outside Australia, who knows. Here in Australia you have to fork out too much in my opinion for a bullbar without a winch option.

That brings me to another question I have is about these PS4x4 bullbars on sale in Australia.

I sure don't mind the look of them but there are some pretty mixed (very good or very bad) reviews on the product review site (https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/ps4x4) about this shop/supplier.

I think it will fit the NX-GLX without the headlight washer like the XROX that I just missed a sale on.

They were $999 now back to $1200

Did anybody on this forum install this PS4x4 bullbar? What is it like and is the steel thick enough? What does the bar weigh? Does the powder coating hold up? How was ps4x4 to deal with? Any feedback is welcome!
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by surf54; 25-01-20, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Paj2010
                            • Apr 2021
                            • Perth WA

Does anyone know if that roo bar would fit a 2010 model pajero i know prob have to change lights on roo bar

Comment

• Paj2010
                              • Apr 2021
                              • Perth WA

This is the roo bar ....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X