• skins2380
    • Jun 2015
    • ACT

Heres the oil on putting 2stroke in your diesel

• Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

So does that mean they've already added it for me ??

Maybe as i've driven diesels for many years, no additives, no fuel pump/ injector ssues?

Water & dirt is what they don't like
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• rotare
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2007

Doesn't matter what scientific evidence or argument you present to some people, they just won't believe it.

They'd rather rely on their anecdotal evidence that for the X amount of years they've been adding two stroke oil to their diesel, they've never had a single issue with their fuel pump, engine etc. So on this basis it must be proof that the 2 stroke oil is working for them.

Watch the comments below, in 3, 2 ,1......
      2013 NW VRX

Comment

• kod10
        • May 2014
        • brisbane

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• 2bad4u
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Perth, Western Australia

Have you been on holidays Dicko? You took a bit longer to reply than I was expecting
            Warren
            2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
            2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
              Have you been on holidays Dicko? You took a bit longer to reply than I was expecting
              Nah mate.Cant be stuffed debating the same old stuff. The original poster s article was written by a media editor and the one thing that was glaringly obvious...All the info related to 2 stroke oil that contained metal products and was suitable for your lawn mower. . As the old saying goes "oils aint oils". I use an ashless 2 stroke with no zinc. Even mentioning a lawnmower as a sensational headline shows the ridiculousness of the article. Anyway..I,ll let sleeping dogs lie.

Might see if there are good dc/dc charger vs vsr arguments anywhere...

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• rotare
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2007

But that link you posted states:

So the reality is if you have genuine Denso injectors or the original injectors in the car, and it’s pre-2012, then adding a little bit of 2-stroke will create a longer service life for the injector, but also make it a little quieter and smoother in its daily operation.

..... so why do you feel the need to put two stroke oil in your 2014 NW??? Based on your article, your own car doesn’t even need it .......
                2013 NW VRX

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Greater Sydney

The original post link was Commissioned and completed and paid by an ‘additive’ company. according to the link posted by dicko.

For me it's each to their own.

We all use a multitude of engine, diff, gearbox oils, coolant, tyres, bullbars, winches etc. It's called choice.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X