• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Expander MPV

JAKARTA, October 03, 2017 — Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) today announced that XPANDER, its new multi-purpose vehicle, has enjoyed one of the most successful launches of any vehicle introduced in Indonesia.

Since Mitsubishi Motors unveiled the XPANDER at the GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) in August, it has taken more than 23,000 orders for the MPV, specially designed for Indonesian drivers. More than 5,000 orders were placed during GIIAS itself, more than were placed for any car model launched by any brand at the show since 2010.

This early success was celebrated today at a ceremony to mark the first XPANDERs to roll off the production line at Mitsubishi Motors' new Bekasi assembly plant, which began making vehicles in April. The company has begun delivering the new MPV to the first customers.

Trevor Mann, Chief Operating Officer at Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, said:

"The rollout of our all-new XPANDER MPV is an important milestone for Mitsubishi Motors, not just here in Indonesia but across the ASEAN region."

"The high demand for the XPANDER reflects how well-suited this new-generation of MPV is to meet the needs of our Indonesian customers."

"With a young population of more than 260 million people and the opportunity for higher levels of vehicle ownership, Indonesia is a strategic priority for Mitsubishi Motors."

The XPANDER has taken more orders following a motor show launch than any previous Mitsubishi Motors vehicle.

The XPANDER is the first all-new vehicle since Mitsubishi Motors embarked on its V-shaped recovery, and highlights the company's ambition for growth in Indonesia. The company's new MPV was designed with the growing demand among Indonesian consumers for high quality, reliable passenger vehicles in mind.

The XPANDER MPV combines Mitsubishi Motors' SUV strengths and toughness with the MPV know-how the company has built up over many years.

Mitsubishi Motors is now working to deliver the XPANDER MPV to customers as soon as possible. Reflecting the level of demand, the company has brought forward by one month the introduction of a second shift at the Bekasi facility.

Opened earlier this year, the Bekasi facility is situated 37 km east of Jakarta and covers an area of 30 hectares. This facility has provided jobs for close to 12,000 people between our workers and suppliers, and is built for growth with plans to increase vehicle production in the future.

Following the roll out of the XPANDER MPV in Indonesia, Mitsubishi Motors plans to make the new model available across the ASEAN region. Beginning in early 2018, this is also planned to be the first Mitsubishi Motors vehicle to be exported from Indonesia.

Looks like it's coming to Oz
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

pics and specs of the XPANDER MPV

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Only a mother could love that.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        Looks like it's coming to Oz
        Well maybe it won't be coming here We are in the OCEANA Region not the ASEAN region.
        Maybe only the Eclipse Cross
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• NJV6
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • New Zealand

Alot of Pajero Sport design similarities there.
          1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
          1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
          2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• stumagoo
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by NJV6 View Post
            Alot of Pajero Sport design similarities there.
            yep as far as I can see all of the parts I think are hidieous and then they hit those parts with the ugly stick..... I cant even try to like that thing..... and I can see past the parts of a PS that I dont like to appreciate the rest of it, not this thing.
            1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
            *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
            1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Ozzyal
              • Sep 2017
              • Rushworth

Looks like a replacement for the old delica , needs a diesel engine option and proper 4wd system .

Nothing on the market to replace my old deli . Once you have had that type of space and practicality its hard to give it up .
              Got me stuffed why they dont put a van body on a Challenger or Triton chassis

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Looks like a girlie boys car. All these hideous designs dont only look ridiculous they also cost you a lot more in insurance and spare parts. Many more angular, small plastic and chrome panels mean more money from your hip pocket. Some car manufacturers seem to get most of their models spot on. Some segments of the market, such as the SUV market, seem to get delivery of grotesque, over designed vehicles designed for the inner city commuter rather than a purpose designed vehicle. Will keep the latte sippers happy , I spose.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X