• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RovingTech
    • Jan 2008
    • Darwin

Wiring for electric brakes

Hi
    What would be the best route to run an electric wire from the brake controller to the trailer plug on a NP. There seems to be an external wiring loom I could try to follow or should I run it inside to the rear and then drill a small hole and fit a rubber grommet to get the wire outside to the plug?

Regards
    RovingTech
    2005 NP Exceed DiD .TJM Alloy Bull Bar. Dual Battery
    TX3440 UHF. Airtec Snorkel and false floor. Intercooler and sump guard.
  • brett
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

Run it under the scuff plates down the passenger side, the plates just pull off. Then route it up over the wheel arches, easy if your remove the rear cargo area trim but a wire can be fed up there to pull it through. Remove the plastic lining of the 3rd row seat well and run the wire under it, there is a grommet at the rear of the well for the wire to go through, no drilling needed.

Comment

• green monster
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Adelaide

It is possible to get through the trim in the rear without removing it, you can use an electricians 'snake' (the plastic strip used to join structafloor) push it through from behind the seats and fish it out under the cup holder in the rear, Then take it through an existing hole in the body above the exhaust, i ran mine in some 12mm flex conduit held to the body with a couple of saddles,
      its not that hard to do
      cam
      NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X