Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Headlights come on automatically (they shouldn't in my car)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Headlights come on automatically (they shouldn't in my car)

My wife's ZJ Outlander has done this twice - the headlights come on by themselves when I turn the ignition to ON. OK - when I turn it OFF, they go out so it won't flatten the battery, but the headlights remain on whilst the start motor is operating. Low beam only, but it isn't right.

I have solved the problem by disconnecting the battery and then reconnect it, but has anyone had this happen on any Mitsubishi, and if so, did they find the original cause?
  • DibbyDibbyDJ
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2019
    • Victoria

You have a faulty ETACS unit. If in warranty no problem, if outside get your dealer to put in goodwill claim.
    It is a known issue. When they replace the ETACS is is also possible they need to replace both transponders to ensure operation.
    2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

Thanks. The car is 7 years old, so I don't think it will be a warranty claim. I will just keep isolating the battery until something else goes wrong.

Comment

• DibbyDibbyDJ
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2019
        • Victoria

Originally posted by erad View Post
        Thanks. The car is 7 years old, so I don't think it will be a warranty claim. I will just keep isolating the battery until something else goes wrong.

Always worth a try. When MMAL know of an issue like this you would be surprised at what they will pay for. If you are original owner that can help, but not necessary.
        2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

Worth a try I guess. Problem is that the car hasn't been near the dealer since it went out of warranty. Nor has it done many km either, but that is irrelevant. I will try and post if they agree.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X