• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DT6061
    • May 2015
    • Tea Gardens

Tyre Pressure During Storage

Should I increase tyre pressures to say max cold psi given vehicle will just be parked in garage for at least a couple months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 NX GLS with stuff added
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

When I stored mine ages ago I put a few extra PSI in them.

Ideally, lift the whole thing up and block, so that the weight isn’t on the tyres. But a couple months isn’t likely to harm them.

Then when you next drive it take it easy, any slight deformation out of round should sort itself out.
    Last edited by Alex86; 11-04-20, 07:01 PM.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Pushbike
      • Jun 2017
      • Sydney

It is important to rotate the wheels to maintain a "spread" of grease in the wheel bearings as over time the grease between bearing surfaces will be displaced. This could result in pitting.
      I have adopted a plan of taking the Paj out for a short run to exercise all moving parts.
      Pajero NX GLX MY17, OEM Rubber mats, OEM Towbar and tongue, After market Rev. Sensors, MSA4x4 seat covers, OEM nudge bar.

Remember the science demonstration of a table covered with mouse traps loaded with ping pong balls and the teacher drops a ping pong ball into the middle.
      Well, the ball has been dropped.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X