• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbo69au
    • Mar 2017
    • Sunshine coast QLD

2016 Pajero Sport GLX Demo Sale Deal

Hi,

Just bought a 2016 Pajero Sport GLX with 33kms on the dial as 2016 plated deal.

We got
    Hayman Reese Towbar
    Redarc Tow Pro Elite
    Tinted Windows
    Weather shields
    Black nudge Bar (on back order.)

Now trying to decide on
    which snorkel
    dual battery system configuration

see the old truck and new truck

regards James

• jimbo69au
    • Mar 2017
    • Sunshine coast QLD

have been googleing my eyes out for a couple of days and reading lots of Nudge bar pages on forum and i can not find the answer to my question. How thick is the tub of the nudge bar as I might need to get a clamp to mount my UHF antenna to and use the tab on the nudge bar for light bar.

Thank in advance for responses.

regards
    James

Comment

• The Commodore
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • Macarthur Region NSW.

I presume you mean the bar diameter for the clamp to go on.

The genuine nudge bar is 75 mm dia. and you will get a GME bracket to do the job.
      Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• jimbo69au
        • Mar 2017
        • Sunshine coast QLD

Thanks for the quick response Keith

Comment

• Pajero12
          • Dec 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by jimbo69au View Post
          have been googleing my eyes out for a couple of days and reading lots of Nudge bar pages on forum and i can not find the answer to my question. How thick is the tub of the nudge bar as I might need to get a clamp to mount my UHF antenna to and use the tab on the nudge bar for light bar.

Thank in advance for responses.

regards
          James
          Hey James,

If you're looking at mounting an antenna, consider the roof.

UHF are line of sight, so the roof is the best spot. Are you looking on putting roof racks/roof tray?

Mine is mounted up on my roof platform with a folding bracket for overhanging tree limbs etc.

Jim
          NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
          MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• Jizza
            • May 2016
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
            Hey James,

UHF are line of sight, so the roof is the best spot. Are you looking on putting roof racks/roof tray?

Mine is mounted up on my roof platform with a folding bracket for overhanging tree limbs etc.

Jim
            Got any pics of your bracket setup Jim?

Comment

• Pajero12
              • Dec 2015
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jizza View Post
              Got any pics of your bracket setup Jim?
              Here you go;

Click image for larger version

Name:	Folding Antenna Bracket  Stage 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	980065 Click image for larger version

Name:	Folding Antenna Bracket  Stage 2.JPG
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	980066 Click image for larger version

Name:	Folding Antenna Bracket Complete.JPG
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	980067

It was then bolted to my Platform;

Works a treat! I was considering getting a light duty antenna spring (GME) but they are $50 each, this was a lot cheaper! I opted to leave the elevated feed riser on there as I seldom carry things on the roof when travelling (diesel, tyre carcass, wood, maxtrax), it provides me with better range. I also put a 6.5dBi whip on when I'm travelling, that short one is 2dBi.

The material was out of an old server rack that I kept.

Hope this helps.

Jim
              Attached Files
              MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• Jizza
                • May 2016
                • Adelaide

Here you go;

[ATTACH]36178[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36179[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36180[/ATTACH]

It was then bolted to my Platform;

[ATTACH]36181[/ATTACH]

Works a treat! I was considering getting a light duty antenna spring (GME) but they are $50 each, this was a lot cheaper! I opted to leave the elevated feed riser on there as I seldom carry things on the roof when travelling (diesel, tyre carcass, wood, maxtrax), it provides me with better range. I also put a 6.5dBi whip on when I'm travelling, that short one is 2dBi.

The material was out of an old server rack that I kept.

Hope this helps.

Jim
                Cheers, so it just folds down if you hit something by rotating on the bolt?

Comment

• Pajero12
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jizza View Post
                  Cheers, so it just folds down if you hit something by rotating on the bolt?
                  Correct,

I welded the bolt, used a flat and split washer and a nyloc nut. I used a split washer so if I tighten it enough, the antenna won't fold which is good for foliage (depending on where I am driving) because it won't break anything, other than that, with carparks, tree limbs etc it will fold down

Comment

• jimbo69au
                    • Mar 2017
                    • Sunshine coast QLD

Hey James,

Jim
                    Hi Jim,

We are doinging something similar to this . and my financial controller prefers unnecessary items on the roof. And we have an existing antenna that might be to tall on the roof.

The AE4700 series is an adaptable antena system with the coaxial termination embedded within the spring assembly with easy screw down fit of the whip.

Regards james

Comment

• jimbo69au
                      • Mar 2017
                      • Sunshine coast QLD

after looking all the current fridges on the market that open up from the end and have and are between 400L and 60L fridges we came down to the ARB 60L it just fit on the slide with out interfering and when we open the lid it is not tall enough to get the baskets out but we can easily but all the items in and we can easily see the bottom. And when we open the lid it tucks in the arch of the door..

Comment

• jimbo69au
                        • Mar 2017
                        • Sunshine coast QLD

we got our nudge bar fitted yesterday after it was black powder coat and the UHF bracket as well, with black antenna base and and black light bar.

Comment

• Chill
                          • Jul 2011
                          • Brisbane

Looks good
                          My13 VRX Pajero
                          MY17 Pajero Sports exceed

Comment

• jimbo69au
                            • Mar 2017
                            • Sunshine coast QLD

over the last few weeks we have had a dual battery using piranha offroad installed with 3 sockets with individual 8mm cable and Air Bags by our local ARB dealer and I installed a mounting bracket for the ctek d250s (we already owned) with a friends help and a new KickAss 12V 50A Mini VSR from Australian Direct.

Comment

• Ent
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2014
                              • Tasmania

I would be tempted to look at better protecting the positive terminals. The auxiliary screw terminals are hard things to protect. The Projects positive terminal with three fuses is a good option to consider.
                              2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X