• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fangios
    • Jul 2012
    • Mornington Peninsula

supercheap auto engine crane

Hi all,

Supercheap have these for $199 at the moment, reduced from $450. Anyone used one and is it ok? It's rated at 1250kg, but that drops to 500kg if you have the lifting arm extended fully.

Is that enough for an nh v6, I'm also wondering whether this has enough height capability?

Cheers
    97 NL GLS 3.5v6 manual | dual fuel | Bridgestone Dueler 674 Mud | TJM winch bar

Previously 92 NH 3l auto
  • Bogger
    Unregistered as asked
    • May 2011

Mate most floor cranes struggle to get the height to lift a 4x4 motor over the radiator support. If you want to cheat do all the work then pull the front wheels off and lower the car onto some wooden blocks under the wishbones then lift out motor.

Comment

• mr moose
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2011
      • vic, mornington peninsula

I've got one and at full extension there was no issues getting the 3.5 out.

Most v6 only weight about 300-400Kg tops.

If you have issues you can always gets some spare rims and just use them without tyres to lower the car enough, I doubt you'll have issues though.
      96' NK 3.5 DOHC LWB, extractors, dual batteries, ARB winch bar and SCA 9500 winch, reverse camera, spotties and lots more to come.
      Look at me

Comment

• schnitzel
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Bendigo

Originally posted by mr moose View Post
        I've got one and at full extension there was no issues getting the 3.5 out.

Most v6 only weight about 300-400Kg tops.

If you have issues you can always gets some spare rims and just use them without tyres to lower the car enough, I doubt you'll have issues though.
        same here, had it for 8 or 9 years and done heaps of pajero motors with it.

even used it on 6 cyl diesels from nissans.
        Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• GHendo
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Northern NSW

Mine came from SuperCheap some years ago but I've never lifted a motor out with mine. I have used it however for heaps of things around the shed like moving lathes and mills etc. Even used it to bring the vehicle hoist into the shed and then stood the posts with it. Very handy gadget.

Geoff
          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Bogger
            Unregistered as asked
            • May 2011

Bugger I should have brought another brand then as have been cutting out rad support panels till I brought a fork lift

Comment

• 02-SR5
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2010
              • Toowoomba

They are great for fitting bull bars with winches too if you do it by yourself.
              MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• schnitzel
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2009
                • Bendigo

Originally posted by Bogger View Post
                Bugger I should have brought another brand then as have been cutting out rad support panels till I brought a fork lift
                Funny , i used to use the jib on the back of my tractor and got sick of that and bought the lifter instead.😃
                Forklift would be handy though haven't got one of those at home Yet
                Current vehicles: 2017 Toyota Hilux, 2022 Hyundai Kona,2022 VW T-Cross1995 3.5l nj Pajero , 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 , 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495,chamberlain g6 plus a few other odds and ends

Comment

• GHendo
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Northern NSW

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
                  Funny , i used to use the jib on the back of my tractor and got sick of that and bought the lifter instead.
                  Funny that, so did I - used to use the jib but the trouble is I can't get the tractor with the damn roll cage on it, into the shed.

Geoff
                  03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Bogger
                    Unregistered as asked
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
                    Funny , i used to use the jib on the back of my tractor and got sick of that and bought the lifter instead.��
                    Forklift would be handy though haven't got one of those at home Yet
                    She's only an old girl ................... Datsun brand now that's pre Nissan with a 120Y motor in it 1.5 tonne bargain at $600 but have found it that handy I'm in the process of buying a brand spanker with better rough ground ability and this time a container height one.

Comment

• Gen3
                      • Nov 2011
                      • penrith , NSW

Originally posted by Bogger View Post
                      Mate most floor cranes struggle to get the height to lift a 4x4 motor over the radiator support. If you want to cheat do all the work then pull the front wheels off and lower the car onto some wooden blocks under the wishbones then lift out motor.
                      good idea , but wont that prevent the crane's legs from rolling under the car?

Comment

• Pauly Faulkner
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • Maitland, NSW

Depends how wide the cranes legs are. Mine would allow some 5x5 blocks under wishbone (lower balljoint) no problems.
                        97' NK 3ltr GLX LWB Manual | 3" lift | Wildcat headers | K&N air filter | 2.8 crawl gears | 4Terrain clutch | 2.25" exhaust | Factory locker rear | TJM 10,000lb winch | TJM snorkel
                        97' NL GLS LWB Auto | 6G75 3.8ltr | Redback Headers

Comment

• schnitzel
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • Bendigo

[QUOTE=Bogger;374716]She's only an old girl ................... Datsun brand now that's pre Nissan with a 120Y motor in it 1.5 tonne bargain at $600 but have found it that handy I'm in the process of buying a brand spanker with better rough ground ability and this time a container height one.[/

They were built tough those old Datsun ones, does yours have the weird control set up rather than the levers in later models.

Comment

• Bogger
                            Unregistered as asked
                            • May 2011

Mine has the one control lever almost like a H pattern control. Best part is Datsun 120 Y motors are cheap compared to buying Crown, Hyster parts etc
                            They say it's hot in Qld ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• schnitzel
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • Bendigo

Looks like fun, used to have to use one of those Datsun ones when I went to the depot in deniliquin, big difference from the komatsu at my difference especially with no sideshoft on a dirt yard.
                              What are you getting instead?

And to keep on topic for the op, buy the crane you won't regret it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X